Character name: Devlán

[RG2] Devlán, Lvl 110 Fury Warrior

Post by Devlan » 25 Oct 2017, 19:54

Who is your character?
Devlan, Fury Warrior and Protection OS
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ood/devlán
WoWProgress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... ood/Devlán

Who are you?
Dominic, 30 years of age and from the Netherlands.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
Applying for raid group 2.

Experience
I have cleared pretty much all raids since WotLK, where in Cataclysm I have started raiding on a scheduled basis and in WotLK it was more on a pug basis learning the game. Doing more difficult content occasionally like 25 man and heroic and since Cataclysm aiming at heroic while it was still recent. In MoP having cleared mythic on curve and after that mostly heroic tiers and couple bosses on mythic.

Fast forwarding to this expansion, all content on curve for heroic difficulty. Had a break of 6+ months and returned for about 2 months now. Started legion as demon hunter, went over to mage for the last few weeks and now on alliance I wanna enjoy warrior. Not really a class-hopper normally but after my break I wanted something new and fresh with the option to tank with an offspec. Warrior is one of the most fun tanks in my opinion even if it is the lower tier tank in legion.

Raid Role
1. Do damage, avoid the fire and act on my assigned task in the mechanical spectrum
2. Crunch the numbers with sims, simulationcraft/askmrrobot
3. Learn boss mechanics/tactics by vids (FatBoss preferably), IcyVeins and the in game journal
4. Learn the inns and outs of my class spec, buff proc’s (tracked with TellMeWhen) and what they do for my damage and rotation, trinket proc’s etc. Icy Veins always has nice detailed guides, videos on YouTube, patch-notes and first and foremost some tinkering my self.
5. Keep up with the waves of content outside of raids.
6. Etc...

Your Spec
At this point I am still mastering my class and spec. Im stacking item levels but then again within a 5 to 10 item level range of item I am preferring the stat benefits of Haste (1) and Mastery (2). For talents im aiming mostly single target and following the advice of Icy Veins. Once on par with my gear I can really start the tinkering, always having some talent-tomes on hand to try new ideas on different fights.

I reached 110 on this toon last Sunday so I am only 887 (update: 905) at the time of writing. Climbing on a daily basis and tomorrow I can equip my second legendary. Waiting for the class-hall talent. I don’t expect to be raiding next week and I’m taking the time to improve my numbers and knowledge. I wan’t to be top of my game when I join any raid and do not expect any kind of boost.

With Warrior I’m learning myself to not bank my cooldowns unless it is really beneficial for some mechanic or add-wave. They are fairly short and essential to the overall dps average. Next to that im getting it in my muscle memory to not jump on my proc’s before I reach 100% rage to make optimal use of a talent choice and benefit as much as I can from Concordance (artefact trait) and Enrage (class mechanic).

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I enjoy my off spec, after tanking for years on different classes I got more busy irl and chose for dps so I am more easily replaced on evening I could not attend. I do not mind changing to tank to fill in the gaps and enjoy learning the off spec gradually outside of the raids with M+.

My noteworthy alts are on horde still and maybe in the future I might pull em over but for now it is not worth the money to do so in my opinion. These alts are:
Grïmbane, Frost Mage: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... d/grïmbane
Vallaç, Havoc Demonhunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ood/vallaç

Communication
I have a microphone and comfortable using it. Often scrolling forums, websites like mmo-champion etc when I have spare minutes and thus the guild website as well. I am already in guild as a social so feel free to tap my shoulders and ask for my Btag.

Combat Logs
Since I have not logged anything yet on my warrior I will link my mage which has the most recent raiding logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... d/grïmbane

Your UI
I do not like the high contrast rectangular UI's which are so popular. I like the more default WoW UI, just a little scaled down in size and Bartender "three bars stacked". My main procs, my portraid and the enemy portrait in the middle just under my character so my eyes can focus on my position and still see the procs. Maybt Ill set the transperancy a little higher for this later. I'm always zoomed as much as possible to get the most overview as I can.
https://i.imgur.com/iVnBSY1.jpg

Guild History
Exploding Sheep Inc for about 7 years, almost my whole play career and I am not one to switch easily however for now I have the feeling it is time to switch things up. Some friends left the game, went very casual and felt the urge to go back to alliance. This all combined incl. a good irl friend having the same motivation made me join you guys.

I know the guild as well established and competitive from years back, recollecting some co-raiders in ESi moved over to you guys. I find it very important to join a guild with history, is mature and shows resilience.

Raid availability
The group 2 schedule is ideal. Normally I had to be logged in 20:00 which was allright but with bedtimes (having 3 kids) 20:30 is great. Next to Monday and Wednesday which are good for me, others days would suit me as well.

On a side note, in my job some few weeks a year I am on duty for evenings and nights and must be able to drop all and go immediately. I can tell beforehand which weeks those are and you may decide to bench me to avoid me leaving mid-fight. Still, even on those weeks the chance is grim due to the nature of the job but nonetheless present.

References
I have tanked with Beastaly and raided with Lanaiba years back before they switched from ESi to TRC. Next to them I know Nobels (or Casdeya, lock which he applied for G2 with as well) irl and we chose to move to alliance together. Other then his love for gnomes he’s a solid guy.

About you
Next to being married with children which devour most of my time I enjoy gaming and (now less then before :P) keep A shape. :roll:

Miscellaneous
I have not suffered brain damage in any way or form and there is nothing wrong with me, mommy had me tested...
Last edited by Devlan on 26 Oct 2017, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Devlan
(Devlán)
Hatchling
Character name: Devlán

Re: [RG2] Devlán, Lvl 110 Fury Warrior

Post by Devlan » 26 Oct 2017, 08:34

Today, item level 905.

Brink
Raven
Character name: Brink

Re: [RG2] Devlán, Lvl 110 Fury Warrior

Post by Brink » 26 Oct 2017, 13:13