Post by Higo » 31 Jul 2017, 23:00

Who is your character?
My character is called Higo and is a Windwalker Monk
Armory Link
WoWProgress Link

Who are you?
Hey, I'm Harry and I'm 18 years old and from the UK

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I am applying to RG2 because my old guild couldn't progress far enough into ToS to get good loot and therefore I am too undergeared at the moment for focused mythic progression

Experience
I was previously in Resentful and joined the raid team in March when we cleared NM, HC Nighthold as well as killing the first boss in Mythic (The raid team fell apart after this and we couldn't progress any further). We did all of this when it was current content. Also in the current tier the guild did manage to get 3/9 HC but again we couldn't progress further due to having no core raid team and constantly pugging. I have only ever played as a WW Monk.

Raid Role
My current role in the raid team is DPS and because I have 800 herbalism I would also make cauldrons and other potions for the guild beforehand. The only site I use to keep myself updated on my class is http://www.peakofserenity.com/ which has info on all monk specs and the changes that happen to them (I'm also in their discord and learn things from there)

Your Spec
My main spec's artifact level is 55 (I was only holiday for 2 weeks so Im a bit behind). WW Monk uses a priority system which is different for ST and AOE, basically I have to use Tiger Palm when Im low on chi so I can use abilities, I then need to use rising sun kick and fists of fury so that I can use whirling dragon punch. After that I can use my artifact ability and Blackout kick until I can get more chi and RSK and FoF are off cooldown. Most monks use the same talents as most of the choices have clear winners, although when i get my bis legendary I will have to switch talents.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I wouldn't be able to switch to either of my off specs due to them being such low item level they would be unfit for heroic raiding.

Communication
I do have a microphone and I'm very comfortable using it during combat if it's needed. I will also happily use these forums or any other form of communication(like discord or ts3) for any discussions that will help us progress further into ToS.
My BattleTag: Higo#21123

Combat Logs
WarcraftLogs(Sorted by item level)

Your UI
I don't have any screenshots during combat but I will add one later if needed
UI screenshot

Guild History
I have only been in one guild and that is Resentful. The main thing that made me want to move is that since the end of the Nighthold we haven't had a strong raid team. This has meant that we are constantly pugging our raids and therefore haven't been able to progress as far into ToS as I would've liked to. I want to join TRC as two of my friends have also applied for the guild and looks like a very good guild.

Raid availability
I will be able to make it to all of the raiding days unless something very important comes up irl, in which case I would let you know before the raid starts.

References
I heard about you from my friends that have already joined the guild. Unfortunately, apart from my mates already in the guild and my old raid leader there isn't really anyone that could vouch for me.

About you
I spend every single day of my life on my computer.

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Re: [RG2] Higo, WW Monk

Post by Cecîl » 01 Aug 2017, 12:10

Thank you for your application, give us a while to deliberate.

Ser_chewy
(Serchewy)
Hatchling
Character name: Serchewy

Post by Ser_chewy » 02 Aug 2017, 20:13

As Higo's raid leader for a while i can confirm that he is an outstanding player, good understanding of tactics never messes up, with sweet dps!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 02 Aug 2017, 23:03

Ser_chewy wrote:As Higo's raid leader for a while i can confirm that he is an outstanding player, good understanding of tactics never messes up, with sweet dps!
"Never" is a stong word.

Aamu
Raven
Character name: Aamu

Post by Aamu » 02 Aug 2017, 23:24

Cecîl wrote:
Ser_chewy wrote:As Higo's raid leader for a while i can confirm that he is an outstanding player, good understanding of tactics never messes up, with sweet dps!
"Never" is a stong word.
You've raided with me, you know it's possible to never mess up

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 03 Aug 2017, 10:54

Aamu wrote:
Cecîl wrote:
"Never" is a stong word.
You've raided with me, you know it's possible to never mess up
Suuuure.

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven
Character name: Kyrenisah

Post by Netzach » 03 Aug 2017, 11:52

You guys should be grateful he is helping out RG2 and not playing in Method.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 03 Aug 2017, 12:25

I'm not harping on him. He seems solid.
I'm bullying Aamu. ;)

dajpara
(Nisamja)
Raven
Character name: Nisamja

Post by dajpara » 03 Aug 2017, 15:36

Aamu never messes up, I do, I messed up once I admit it :D Take this monk, he seems ok

Malvíous
Hatchling
Character name: Malvíous

Post by Malvíous » 03 Aug 2017, 21:52

I have raided with Higo in a past guild and I can backup Serchewy. He's a dedicated raider, with good DPS and knowledge of not only of his class but also tactics.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 04 Aug 2017, 01:34

I think that's enough recommendations. They have all been duly noted. ;)

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 04 Aug 2017, 16:52

We would like to offer you a trial.
You can poke me, or another officer for more details.

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 15 Aug 2017, 21:05

<Trial passed>