Elementios, mage, Arcane main, fire OS,
Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... elementios,
Wowprogress - https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... Elementios

Who are you?
My name is Dan. I’m late 30’s, English.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG1

Experience
I started raiding in Karazan in BC. I got hooked and joined a guild to clear 25 mans and have been raiding the toughest content ever since heroics, until mythics were a thing and then those too. As long as I can be in a guild that clears current content before the next one comes around I’m happy. It doesn’t always happen, but that is the goal.
In ICC we were working on LK HC 25 (10 was easy), but didn’t get him because attendance dropped off. Cata we cleared everything ehrn current except Raggy we got early the following tier.
Mists, the first tier was a mess because tanks kept leaving, but all other contenet was cleared when current inc Lei Shen. It was with my prior raid collapse at the start of Seige that I joined my current guild The Enigma Order Ravencrest and together we cleared that then farmed it together forever until we all had the mount
Draenor everything was cleared when current
In Legion we cleared Emerald nightmare, but didn’t get Helya mythic until Nighthold opened. The guild got her on a night I was out, so I have yet to get htat kill. Now we’re 9/10 mythic in Nighthold and working on P2 Guldan Mythic

Raid Role
I raid lead in Wrath from Ulduar until start of Cata, but it’s a huge amount of work and I’m happy to just be a good member of the team.
I’m DPS, although I have certain utility, from timewarp to soaking abilities with greater invis or iceblock (e.g. orbs on Elisande), though to movement abilities like Chrono shift and of course blink that mean I’ll soak the furthest pools on Krosus. Then spellsteal which is great on Trilliax adds. Of course there is a tension between utility that facilitates a clean kill and DPS which looks great on meters, so I try to aim for whatever helps get the kill.
I keep on top of how I’m doing with skada (not just DPS, but all the other stuff), deathnote and warcraft logs
I keep up to date with the game with MMO-champion, Icy veins and altered time forums

Your Spec
I started the tier like every other mage, fire since it was OP. But when your fellow mages all get the BIS legendary (wrists) and you don’t trailing them on the meters for RNG is no fun. I switched to Arc which was competitive and now have most legendaries for that and do well in everything in Nighthold. My artefact weapon is L52 and likely 53 in the coming day or 2.
Typical stat prio for arc is Mastery > Crit> Vers > haste, but it changes with legendaries and tier. Tier 4 piece, legendary kilt and Aluneth’s avarice weapon talent all devalue mastery, hence I’m gemmed and enchanted to crit.
My talent choice is pretty standard, with the only controversial choice being incater’s flow. Rune of power is very marginally better when you can be stationary in it every time, but given the high mobility required in most fights it’s not practical

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I don’t have time for alts, given real life (full time job, kids, etc). I could off spec to fire, although it hasn’t proved necessary so far.

Communication
Yes I have a Seinheisser headset from my raidleading days for crystal clear coms and I’m not afraid to use it . Happy to use forums, discuss tactics, ect. Battletag Elemento#2258

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4383
Here are the logs. Note the guild hasn’t don’t too much farming recently, also in our last farm.

Your UI

I have weak aura’s to track CD’s procs, etc, towards the center of the screen to optimise rotation. I wasn’t in raid, but if I was you’d see DBM bars and warnings too. Key addons are Elvui, weakaura’s, DBM (or Bigwigs if you prefer), Quartz castbar, GTFO, skada, deathnote.

Guild History
Enigma order since 2013. A handful before that. Basically I’ve relocated to UK form working in France for the past 6 years, hence the 1 hour time difference means I can no longer make their raids. Your raids starting 20:00 server (19:00 UK) give me time to get home, sort out kids for bed (they are 3 months and 3 years) and then have time to make the raid.
Basically I’m looking for a no more than 3 night a week raidgroup, with similar progress to my own and raidtimes I can make reliably.
Raid availability
No issue other than occasional business travel, but I expect to make 95%+ attendance.

References
I checked wowprogress, English, 3 raid nights, LF mage, 9/10 NH progress and checked times and description.
For a reference for me you could always check with my GM, who I’ve told I have to leave. Lamme#2288

About you
Well I’ve been a gamer all my life. Warcraft 2 got me into the Blizzard universe (Yes I’m ancient!) Other than gaming I’m married with 2 little kids, so it’s a challenge to juggle work, life, gaming. I enjoy cooking, movies, reading, the great outdoors and a nice pint.

Miscellaneous
I think I’ve waffled enough! 

Elementios

Re: Mage raider app

Post by Elementios » 01 Jun 2017, 23:09

Missed my UI pic. Here you go

http://imgur.com/a/TgCXF

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven
Character name: Kyrenisah

Post by Netzach » 02 Jun 2017, 00:22

Thanks for your application.

It might take some time to properly review it, we are very busy with Gul'dan at the moment but we get back to you as soon as we can offer you a proper trial (extending every week now).

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... elementios

Elementios

Post by Elementios » 09 Jun 2017, 12:16

Grats on the Guldan kill. Any update on my app, or any queries?

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven

Post by Netzach » 09 Jun 2017, 16:35

There should be update before Wednesday. Thanks a lot for your patience.

Elementios

Post by Elementios » 11 Jun 2017, 11:42

Hey Guys. Just to say I'm withdrawing my app. I got a trial at another raiding guild. Cheers anyway for your consideration

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven

Post by Netzach » 11 Jun 2017, 12:17

Thanks for info. Good luck with your trial!