[RG1] Docer, Lvl 100 Mage

A safe place for closed application.
Docer
Hatchling
Character name: Docer

[RG1] Docer, Lvl 100 Mage

Post by Docer » 09 Aug 2016, 05:05

Who is your character?
Docer, Mage, Any (Fire, Frost, Arcane), Armory - at the time of posting this the armory is acting up a bit and getting an 'oops' error occasionally.

Who are you?
Ahoy! My name is Darragh a 24 year old from Ireland(and yes that is a mans name 8) )! Currently finishing up in Uni and dreading moving out into real working life :P I'm a pretty relaxed, good natured guy..although, I guess that may be a little biased ;) I enjoy gaming of all sorts, playing music, pretty active social life, recently getting back into the gym, all-round feeling good recently!

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I'm applying for the RG1 team.

Experience
As a preface - The only character I've raiding on (at a semi/hardcore level) is my Mage - This Character.

After Idolizing raiders in their tier 2 and epic mounts throughout Vanilla I initially began raiding in The Burning Crusade, though extremely casually via a PuG like group of RP guilds banding together to endlessly wipe in Kara or Gruuls Lair...all the while maintaining character of course ;)

During Wrath I (as did everyone else and their mother) raided ICC with the seemingly endless amount of PuG groups running, though I did eventually join a guild which, although very casual, was the most structured raiding environment I had been in.
I was in a similarly casual, mostly PuG environment throughout Cata.

I really began raiding moving into MoP. The guild I had been in since Wrath were short raiders on their main raiding team coming up to their first forêt into MoguShan Vaults so I thought why not. I began as an admittedly terrible raider in MoP, we cleared MGSV in Heroic the day before the ToT patch hit, already having HoF and Terrace cleared on normal. Things began to ramp up in ToT. I began to take raiding more seriously, practicing snapshotting, mastering rotations, reading through threads and threads of theorycrafting, the team as a whole was becoming far more effective as well as successful, we began to see decent WoWProgress ranks on the server.

It was during SoO that things really took off, cleared normal without a hitch, made it most of the way through HC easily, we proceeded on to get top 5 realm in majority of the latter bosses, hitting 3rd on HC Siegecrafter (All pre-patch) Unfortunately part way during Garrosh progress some In guild drama happened between a few members of the raid team and that set us back. It wouldn't be until Mythic that we finally downed Garrosh, which at that point was ridiculously easy. SoO was my favorite time raiding so far, the intricacy of the fire mage at that stage was a splendor, the weaving of altertime with snapshotting, multidotting, combustion was beautiful. During this time I also achieved a few ranks on WoL, I believe a top 30 for Mage on Fallen Protectors HC and Siegecrafter HC as well as a top 60 on Thok HC all pre-patch were some highlights.

WoD was a turbulent period as I was in a raid team where the 20 man Mythic minimum hit us hard. We found it very difficult to recruit dedicated players with the same mindset as our remaining MoP core. We cleared both Highmaul and BRF HC relatively easily with the MoP Core being able to pick up the slack, however Mythic didn't go well at all.

It was at this point I bowed out of raiding for the remainder of WoD, due to the RL time investment, burnout as well as the struggle of raiding in a team with two very different mindsets.

I hunger to raid again and commit to effective raiding with like minded friends, which is why I'm now here! :D

Raid Role
Though I used to be all about the DPS my experience as a semi-officer of the raid team during WoD has developed me as a player. I don't want to just be 'The mage who can DPS', I also enjoy being 'The Mage who doesn't die', 'The mage I rarely heal', 'That weird Irish guy', 'The Mage who suggested a new strat that worked out', 'The guy who's happy to watch timers and make call outs when things get hectic', 'The Mage who Portals me to Ancient Dalaran after most raids', etc.

I rely mostly on Altered-Time.com for my theorycafting, though do mix in MMO champ mage forums. I also speak regularly with a few very skilled mages on my friends list in game, we often discuss particular tactics or little tips on a boss per boss basis as we move through each tier.

More than just a competent, survivable DPS I want to be a player with utility. I absolutely adored having Amplify Magic in WoD, I would ask the raid leader if he ever needed it and it rarely was called so I started developing my own timings for it on a boss by boss basis, lurking in the healer chat channel to find out where they were having difficulty and do my bit to help out. I'm also happy to be 'the raid bitch' as we liked to call it, taking all of those awful jobs nobody else wants.

I'm already active in looking into my own Logs trying to improvements that can be made. DoT uptimes, buff uptimes, cast amounts comparative to top mages, damage taken and mitigated the usual 8)

Your Spec
Well this one is a bit tricky now that we're in the Legion Pre-Patch :oops: Also because I skipped out on the last tier I may be out of the loop in terms of current theorycraft.

I can tell you that my current gear set was set for Mastery>Haste> Crit> =. specced mainly as Arcane, though I swapped out to Fire based on the fights, I believe I used fire for Furnace, Thogar, Hanz&Franz as well as Darmac, arcane for the rest. I'm comfortable with all three specs and willing to play any on a fight by fight basis. Need more single target damage on an AoE fight? No problem, I'll happily take the DPS hit.

I do also have some crit gear scavenged from the Warlocks unwanted pile for the Fire fights.

Coming into a raid I'll be fully prepared with BIS BOE's, enchants, gems, artifact, food, runes if they're still around in legion, potions including prepots, flasks, etc!

Off-specs and Alternative characters
As I've said, very happy to play any spec at all! I'll be well versed in each before raid time as well, though it may take a few pulls to optimize each spec for each boss. I'll have done my research and know myself which spec will be best on a boss by boss basis but if you need me to switch for whatever reason, I'll have no issues with it.

I have never really played any alts seriously, though I do have a few level capped. If there was interest, I would consider playing a Resto Druid as a main or often used alt though I must confess my inexperience on the class.

Communication
Yup! I'm very comfortable with speaking over the mic, during my WoW break I sunk 2k hours into CSGO so call outs over the mic is now second nature :D Vent, Mumble, TS, got 'em all 8)

My previous/current guild used a very similar forum setup and I was fairly active there, should I be accepted here its actually a welcome perk that things can be discussed outside of the game.

Combat Logs
As I mentioned earlier I've got tonnes of logs and a few ranks from MoP though I believe most are private, I also think majority of the WoD logs are private. As I'm just returning to WoW I'll have to look deeper into this and try to get them onto public.

I did find some logs of Kromog wipes (some attempts are very short)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tg ... zL#fight=3

Apologies for the messiness of the log situation, the recent inactivity has left me a bit wanting for relevant logs :(

EDIT: Found all of our World of Logs reports from SoO Expired :(

Your UI

My UI

So my UI is mostly custom, loosely based of PreachGamings old UI. This shot was taken in MoP but it's almost identical to how it is now. Class timers and Tidy plates track dots and buffs.

A neat little addition absent in that picture is ExtraCD which is use to track trinket procs, as well as Weakauras used to track any beneficial effects from other classes / negative boss effects. DBM timers also show up above the enemy unit frame.

To me this UI is a perfect balance between enough feedback without there being too much. My visibility is great and I know everything I need to know. Took a long time to tune it and perfect it and still am, but it's almost there ^^

Guild History
I began in a RolePlaying guild during vanilla called 'The Knights of Elwynn' recruited fresh out of Goldshire, didn't even know what RP was!

The guild was eventually merged into a bigger roleplay guild by the name of 'Disciples of Light' a holy themed Roleplay guild who acted as both the Lights warriors and Stormwind guard (talk about mixing church and state :P)
I stayed in DoL for many years, made great friends and had many great memories.

During Wrath I joined a guild named Frostbitten to take a step back from RP and get into some more gameplay oriented...gameplay! I also had a few IRL friends in this guild so it was a pretty easy decision to make.

This guild either at the end of wrath or the beginning of Cata, can't quite remember, had a mass exodus to my current guild Circle of Justice! I just wen't with the flow and moved over I guess :D

CoJ has been my home then since Cata. I've made many, many great friends here, had my introduction to semi-hardcore raiding as well as learning experiences. I served as an Officer here from the end of MoP until my inactive period after BRF and it is with a heavy heart I leave them.

Despite that heavy heart I'm applying here as it seems to me TRC is everything I could want from a guild and more. Similar to CoJ, you're a very old guild and well respected on the server. I've had nothing but good experiences with TRC members in the past, one particular memory of a Guardian Druid during MoP (May have been the main tank at the time) whom I kept bumping into doing world bosses or Pugs, everytime having a chat about how each others raid progress was going!

Your application process is thorough, your 3day raid week with progress minded individuals is ideal, hell, even your forums are familiar! It almost feels like home already and I'm just peeking through the keyhole.

Raid availability
I'll have very high attendance for a 3 day week, coming prepared every night. You can expect it to be unusual for me not to be at a raid, and if I ever can't attend I'll notify an officer/post on the forum as soon as possible. I know myself from organizing raids how frustrating it is when people don't show or pull out on short notice.

References
The Raven Council have always been a presence on the server, as I've said previously, I've had nothing but good experiences with every member I have met and that speaks to the quality you uphold here.

After planning on returning for Legion, and hearing that my current guild would be ceasing to raid at a more hardcore level I knew It was time to move on unfortunately.
I already had TRC in mind as a potential candidate before I had heard that Elly (Elenea) who I previously raided with applied here. That tipped the balance for me and the choice was obvious.

About you
Blond Haired, Blue-Eyed, Drumming, Dog-Loving, Mellowed, Counter-striking, WoWing, Drinking, potato loving Irish Leprechaun!

Miscellaneous
I know I havn't really presented a compelling example of relevant raid performance in terms of logs and most recent progress in particular after my recent hiatus however I can assure you that I have the ability and will to push the limits of my character and benefit the raid group in whatever way possible.

Thank you for reading! :mrgreen:

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Re: [RG1] Docer, Lvl 100 Mage

Post by Twiki » 09 Aug 2016, 07:18

Thank you for your application, please give us some time to review it.

Since we're in the pre-patch limbo, it will likely take a while longer to get some feedback. We're still waiting for the current roster to finish deciding what they'll play in Legion, and we won't know for sure until everyone is level 110.

Elenea
(Elènea)
Raven
Character name: Elènea

Post by Elenea » 09 Aug 2016, 11:51

I can vouch for this guy for what it's worth. :)

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 09 Aug 2016, 11:57

And he likes yellow too, yes?

Docer
Hatchling

Post by Docer » 09 Aug 2016, 14:46

Jimmble wrote:And he likes yellow too, yes?
Yellow, Gnomes and pandering are all favorites of mine ;)

Docer
Hatchling

Post by Docer » 09 Aug 2016, 17:34

Found some more Logs on Warcraft Logs, this set a progress night on Maidens.

Not sure as to the quality of these logs, pretty sure this was our first night of maidens so we were likely testing out different strategies, etc.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qK ... &source=37

Also more than happy to record some new logs, however I'm feeling a bit rusty after my hiatus especially after the pre-patch changes and esentially incomplete specs with the lack of Artifacts so it may be more logical to record some dungeon logs at 110.

Docer
Hatchling

Post by Docer » 02 Sep 2016, 17:50

Any further update here? 110 now and gearing up rapidly.

With raids incoming will need time to look elsewhere if there's no room for me here.