A safe place for closed application.
Lunna89
(Lunnaika)
Raven
Character name: Lunnaika

[RG2] Lunnaika, Hunter

Post by Lunna89 » 04 Jul 2016, 11:19

Who is your character?
My characters name is Lunnaika, Marksman mainspec and Beast Master secondary spec.
However, I do plan on playing Beast Mastery in Legion.
Hunter Armory

Who are you?
My name is Kriss, a soon to be 27 year old polar bear from Norway.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I am applying for RG2 because I just know I want to raid in Legion, but not at what frequency yet. Depending how hard I go into the new expansion, I might make a new application for RG1 if I am already accepted into RG2. But I am able to raid every day of the week, so if the two groups have raid days that don't collide - I probably want in on both if my performance is good enough, and you allow it.

Experience
I started playing on day 1 in vanilla, clearing all content there including naxx40 about 2-3 resets after Nihilum did. After TBC came out and we cleared tier 4 content, I decided to quit playing. I came back for WoD and managed to clear Highmaul heroic before christmas 2014(?), took a break and came back 9 months ago. So far having cleared HFC heroic and 6/13 mythic (mythic was thanks to Shantie getting you to bring me with <3).

I played a holy priest throughout Vanilla, and went over to hunter at the start of TBC. Due to my innate love of having an insane amount of consumables with me in every raid - I started outperforming the other hunters for spots, because I took more advantage of my resources than they did. Meaning I would pop big mana pots at 80% mana on every try (got me to 99-100% mana) and whenever it was off cooldown again to keep the dps going. Hunters were competing for spots, so there was about to become drama. and that's when I decided to quit instead.

Coming back to WoD, I played protection warrior. I made a guild and was raid-leading it as well as co-tanking with a friend from work during our progression through heroic Highmaul. However, I felt my raid leading was suffering from my tanking and lack of overview of the fights, so I rerolled hunter again. Rest of the WoD experience is on the hunter.

Raid Role
As a high-mobility ranged, with high on-demand burst as well as great utility - my role in a raid would be to utilize this wherever needed. For example utilizing our high mobility with disengage + posthaste & aspect on Sporeggar with flamethrowers, making us actually deal more dmg than not doing the flamethrowers due to getting quickly 10-15 stacks. Or all the slows / stuns and kiting capabilities as well as aimed shot + kill shot sniping on Gorefiend adds (rip chimera shot).

I usually learn new things from reading / watching videos or testing them myself. Through either youtube, icy-veins, mmo-champion or simply discussing things through a guild class channel or class forum here.

I judge my own performance through logs. Logging every raid and comparing my parses with other hunters at or around the same ilvl and gear / set bonuses.

Your Spec
As a marksmanship hunter, my rotation priority is:
Chimera shot > kill shot > aimed shot > steady shot.
Stat priority: crit (hardcap 53%) > multistrike > mastery

the most important talents dps-wise should be Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, barrage (powershot on pure singletarget bosses) and lone wolf. Iron hawk as defensive, binding shot for the utility on bosses with stunnable adds and I choose posthaste simply because I like it better than the other two utility talents.

Gear wise, I believe I have pretty much full BiS pre-mythic HFC, where I have 3 crafted items up to ilvl 725 with crit /multi because the equivalent items from HFC with the same stats, are from the lower tier.. which would make them lower ilvl than crafted.

I am almost exclusively doing CMs nowadays, so my hunter is most likely in CM gear on the armory.. will fix

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I plan on going 100% into Beast Mastery in Legion, and level my marksman / survival artifact depending on which is the most competitive for raids. Though it may take a few months before my BM artifact is maxed out.

Other than that, I plan on leveling a death knight as well, as I'll probably miss tanking in legion
My death knight

Communication
I have a microphone, and I have no trouble using it during raids if needed.
Also have no problem discussing tactics/general scheming on the forums or in gchat / class channels

Combat Logs
Youshi has already gone through the log of my last raid before going into CM farming, though here's a link incase others want to go through it as well. Lunnaika HFC HC 17.2.16

After comparing my logs to others with the same kill-timer and higher dps than me, I can clearly see my lacking of kill shot sniping + aimed shot sniping, as well as delaying chimera shot a second for cleave capabilities. This is something I have been thinking about working on, but never really took the time as I decided to stop raiding in WoD and focus more on challenge modes.

Your UI
My UI is basically pure standard, except moving my frame and target frame in the middle. I have no weakauras or tellmewhens. I use tidy plates though

Guild History
Vanilla:
From the start of vanilla, I was in <The Moonlight Council>, which I left after it split into two guilds, and decided to apply for a different one (was alot of drama, me no like drama).
I then applied to <Decimation> as it was the server best guild. They were currently progressing on Patchwerk in Naxxramas, and this is where my journey started into completing this lovely raid tier.

WoD:
I made a guild with my co-worker called "Chommy and the Guns", he is called Chommy at work, so I felt it fit pretty well. We cleared highmaul HC right before the first christmas in WoD, then we both decided to take another break. I came back in the middle of HFC.

I then joined <Twins> on grim-batol, and got my remaining raid experience from there.
<Twins> then decided to roll on horde to be more hardcore, I decided to follow Shantie to TRC as a social instead.

Raid availability
I am available for raids every day from 18.00-23.00

References
I played with Shantie in <Twins> before he went over to you guys, so I decided to follow him instead.

About you
Hey all

I'm Kriss, I live in a city called Stavanger, in Norway. I have a license as an electrician, though I am now working at an oil & gas company, building lots of explosion protected stuff for boats and platforms.

I have a dog called Rikke, a long coated Boarder Collie, 8 years old. Just recently bought a new appartment, and living the dream :) Looking forward to raid and do mythic+ dungeons in legion! (hopefully with you guys)

Miscellaneous
need gnunters naow!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: [RG2] Lunnaika, Hunter

Post by Jimmble » 04 Jul 2016, 14:47

Hey, I know zis one!

But does it have a kitty?

Lunna89
(Lunnaika)
Raven

Post by Lunna89 » 04 Jul 2016, 15:08

no kittens yet, only a doggie.. maybe in zeh future!

Lunna89
(Lunnaika)
Raven

Post by Lunna89 » 04 Jul 2016, 16:32

here's my UI with keybinds and everything.

LunnaikaUI

if no picture comes up, just click "Zoom" under tools to the left.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Post by Xanthi » 05 Jul 2016, 21:20

Lets put default reply of mine here just so you know we're looking in to it, but this one will take bit more time than on average.
Xanthin wrote: Thank you for your application, give us a while to deliberate

Youshi
(Youshi, Ryuushi, Kazearuku)
Dark Raven
Character name: Youshi, Ryuushi, Kazearuku

Post by Youshi » 06 Jul 2016, 16:38

I can vouch for him. He knows what he is doing. And more importantly he is so nice haha....suspiciously nice. Jk Jk.

Lunna89
(Lunnaika)
Raven

Post by Lunna89 » 06 Jul 2016, 22:26

oh that's only because I'm an infiltrator.. my real name is JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF.. oh wait.. nvm.

thanks for vouching for me though :)

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient

Post by Xanthi » 11 Jul 2016, 20:32

Your application has been approved, you can be in contact with Fahranya & miscreants.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient

Post by Xanthi » 11 Jul 2016, 20:32

<Recruited>