Social/future raiding application

A safe place for closed application.
Nephthys

Social/future raiding application

Post by Nephthys » 04 Dec 2015, 11:50

Hey,

I am applying with my DK- Xethys (Defias Brotherhood). This is a class I have started with recently, I have had a mage main for 6 years, paladin and warlock before that. The reason I changed was the fact that I needed something new after all the time I have spent on my mage ( 400 days played on it, crazy I know).

My activity right now revolves around bgs, arenas and random transmog runs. The reason for this is the fact that most of my old friends in WoW quit playing and I found myself with nothing to do but still too addicted to the game to quit yet. This being said, I have had quite a few breaks during my 11 years experience with WoW, longest lasted almost 1 year.

The past few months I have been jumping from guild to guild , not because I like doing so, I have had 3 guilds in total in all the previous expansions, but because I cannot seem to find a place Id like to call home in this game. I have been in top raiding and pvp guilds before so I am a bit picky when it comes to that. The most important thing and what I miss most is the sense of community I felt in my vanilla/tbc/wotlk guild. That is what I am looking for. A drama free, friendly, but still competitive enviroment.

My history with WoW:

I started in early Vanilla, 3 days after Frostwhisper server was released. I was living with my parents while studying, and had way too much time on my hands so I joined one of the top raiding guilds on Frostwhisper server called Inquisition. We started in ZG, worked our way through MC, BWL, AQ40 and then Naxx 40 (under another name). This was a hardcore guild with 5 days a week dedicated to raiding. In TBC, myself and other top players on that server united with the intent of making a server first raiding guild. We managed that under the name Almost Skilled. That guild was all about fast progression and server firsts, we raided alot, even on sunday mornings etc. I had to quit half way through Wotlk due to irl problems, and when I came back my old friends started to disperse a bit. I joined another raiding guild on Outland, cleared ICC normal and HC there. In Cata I joined a friend^s guild - Violent Circus (Ravenholdt-horde)a pvp guild full of Gladiator ranks and big egos :) We tried to raid there for a while, made some good friends, and then I had to quit the game again at start of MoP (this was my long break during which I married a fellow vanilla raider, moved half a globe and started a family) I came back sometime towards the end of MoP/start of WoD.

I have a great raiding experience ( even if not very recent one) and decent PvP experience (PvP was never my main goal in this game up to WoD when I discovered the joys of obliterating people to death on my DK ) but I did get rank 12 in Vanilla on my warlock - yes I know, it was all about grinding :P and some decent premades I may add :>

I am applying as a social with the intent of getting to know you guys and hopefully join you in some Legion PvE or PvP. I hope this guild has a better tactic when it comes to integrating new players than the previous guilds I have tried .

I have heard about your guild on the Defias Forums. I really liked your recruitment post and it looked like something I would love to be part of : mature /drama free guild made by skilled players. I do not know anyone in your guild, the only interraction I have had with one of your guild members was earlier today when I whispered Jingle (liked the jolly, season appropriate name :P) asking for an officer.

About me -

My name is Roxana, I live in Norway atm, born in Romania and raised in Italy.
I am a 30 y old female ( old I know but in my defense, I do not look my age :P and hey, age is just a number right? or at least this is what us old people like to tell ourselves) Im just joking btw I have met 60 years olds in WoW and they were totally awesome and definitely nothing wrong with having WoW as a hobby, no matter the age. I work part time as a teacher and starting my psychology studies hopefully next year here in Norway. I am friendly, helpful, very social, love to chat and most important of all, I do not like drama. WoW is not the only videogame I play/played. I started with CS/Diablo 2 /HOMM/ Warcraft 3 etc - those were the days :) and video games have always been a hobby for me.

As for gnomes, they are all about looking cute while they kick ass. I might be biased as I have a gnome warrior alt that looks totally awesome weilding heirloom arcanite reaper and riding the rare drop white chicken in MT.

If this application will result in a trial within your guild, more applications will probably come, from my husband and other experienced WoW players (friends of mine) who, like me, cannot find a decent place to call home in this game.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards.

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Re: Social/future raiding application

Post by Twiki » 04 Dec 2015, 12:04

Thankyou for the application, please give us time to review it.

Nephthys

Post by Nephthys » 04 Dec 2015, 15:20

After reading my application I realised I did not specify enough the fact that I want to join this guild as a social but potential future raider (in case the title of this post was not clear enough :) ). I chose Legion as a new start for raiding, as I have no mythic experience in WoD and my DK is in full pvp gear at this moment. But if needed I could consider gearing up for raiding before that time. I am more than happy to stay as social, until your raiding teams will be in need of a dk ( or other classes if there is desperate lack of a particular one). So if a simple social spot with no hope of joining your raiding team is what you can offer me, then feel free to deny this application. As I said, I am looking for a long time thing. Your longevity as a guild, gave me hope.

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Post by Twiki » 05 Dec 2015, 10:22

Your application has been approved, please poke an officer for a guild invite.

Stukov
Ancient
Character name: Stukov

Post by Stukov » 05 Dec 2015, 16:08

<recruited>