[RG1] Blood DK

A safe place for closed application.
Jacxi

[RG1] Blood DK

Post by Jacxi » 06 Jan 2015, 20:27

Who is your character?
[Your character name, class, specs, and Armory link. Try to log out in main-spec gear]
Jacxi, Deathknight, Blood (ms) Frost (os).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... cxi/simple

Who are you?
I'm Jack, a 19 year old University student from the UK.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I'll be applying to RG1.

Experience
On previous characters, I've not really been too serious into raiding. I played during Wotlk and killed Lich King 10 man normal when it was current (not very impressive, I know).

Only during WoD have I started playing WoW 'seriously'. I've currently cleared 7/7 Normal and 7/7hc Heroic.

Raid Role
[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]

I would be playing Blood spec, so I'd be a tank. I'd prepare by having all my armour repaired, having all the necessary flasks/pots and any other consumables required (health potions etc). Also, I would read up on fight tactics from multiple sources, in order to get a full understanding of the fight. I check icyveins.com to see if I should be changing my spec/glyphs. I look into why these changes would be necessary, and if they suit my current play style or role within the raid.

Your Spec
I try and get as much mastery as possible. I aim to do as much self healing as I can, namely through deathstrike. I also use rune-tap if I know there will be a small period of particularly heavy damage on me. I also use other cooldowns, such as AMS to mitigate magical effects when possible, and IBF if damage is incredibly high on me. I also use deathgrip when necessary, to grip an add towards the boss or away from a raid member.

I also use my racial ability (stoneform) when I can.

Essentially, I learn the fight and remember periods of particularly heavy damage, and when I need to use specific cool downs to mitigate this damage and make the healers have an easier job keeping me alive.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
[How comfortable are you switching to your off-spec for a fight/raid if needed?
I currently have a frost off-spec. I am somewhat comfortable with this spec, but would need to work on it a bit to be up to the standard of my blood spec.

Communication
I am fully comfortable to use my microphone. I will also check the forums when needed.

Combat Logs
I currently don't log any of my fights. I may do in the future.

Your UI
http://i.imgur.com/0mzwEMH.jpg

I have DBM installed as well.

Guild History
I'm currently in Aware. The guild is currently not doing Mythic content (which is something I want to do).

That's my only guild on this character.

Raid availability
I shouldn't have a problem. But if I ever did, I'd notify someone ahead of time.

References
I saw your progress on wowprogress.com and thought I'd apply as you were into Mythic content and ranked fairly highly on the server.

About you
I play quite a few other games often, such as CSGO, Tribes Ascend, and Dayz. I also go to the gym, hang out with friends and like long walks on the beach.

Miscellaneous

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven
Character name: Leedor

Re: [RG1] Blood DK

Post by Ledor » 07 Jan 2015, 15:25

Hi, thanks for your application!

Give us a little time to review, thanks. :)
Leedor - Ledor - Lerow - Ulleva
AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

Beastaly
Ancient
Character name: Beastaly
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Death Knight

Re: [RG1] Blood DK

Post by Beastaly » 08 Jan 2015, 14:15

Hello Jaxci!
Unfortunalty we do not have a another spot available for a blood DK. So we're going to have to decline your application.
Also wanted to point out that on your armory you have Unholy dps OS and in your application you wrote Frost.

If you do wish to join The Raven Council as a social rank, please whisper any officer to get an invite.

Kind regards,
Beast