A safe place for closed application.
Tai
Raven
Character name:

[RG2] Tai, Lvl 100 Elemental Shaman

Post by Tai » 09 Dec 2014, 20:56

My social application from a few months ago

Who is your character?
My character is a young Pandaren who has decided to fulfill his dreams by becoming a Shaman. In order to do that he has decided to pick a role of Elemental to purge the enemies with numerous spells. Tai is trying to get nice gear before going into heroics. His gear ivl is 634 atm, but this might change soon. LFR is here and Tai can also try doing some raids before RG2 starts raiding in January.
Oh.. and lets not forget his armory => click here!

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG2

Experience
Started raiding in the middle of cataclysm. I played a Shadow Priest. Cleared BWD normal after FL came out. Cleared FL normal with only Majordomo HC. Cleared DS normal and HC (HC with Priest and with DK alt wile leading the raid group). Cleared SOO on normal before prepatch and heroic(not mystic) with premade group in prepatch with Shaman.

Raid role
My main role as Shammy is to DPS ofc. If the boss is untargetable and there are no adds, I will probably put down the healing rain. And lets not forget about ancestral guidance. To keep updated with the class I normally check mmo-champion for latest news about my class. My absolutely favorite site about not just my class is Icy-veins.com. They also have very nice guides and strategies for raiding encounters. My favorite youtube channel about raiding is fatbosstv. It is also very important to do LFR if there is one, so you can actually see the fight.
It is important to constantly look for an updates about your class so you dont fall behind the meta.

Your spec
Pulltimer => Unleash flame -> Fire Elemental Totem -> Prepot -> Casting elemental blast if talented 1sec before the actual pull -> Flame Shock -> Lava Burst -> Ascendance -> Lava Burst spam -> Earth Shock .. and then it depends but Flame Shock must be on target all the time.
Lava burst must be used if not on CD, Elemental Blast if Lava Burst not available. Earth Shock if 16+ stacks and if Fire Shock expires in 5-8sec.
As you can see I have unleashed fury as my talent atm, so I use it whenever I can (preferably with 2 stacks of elemental fusion to buff my fire shock).

Off-specs and Alternative characters
Just dinged 100 with my Blood/Unholy DK. As mentioned above I already tanked DS HC with DK so It would not be a problem to switch to him if the raid needs a tank. But as for Shaman I really do not like healing. I tried proving grounds and I cant even get past bronze and it is not fun for me if I try and heal. My other characters are not lvl100 yet, but lately I have been leveling tank monk with dps offspec.
Oh.. and lets not forget DK's armory => click here!

Communication
I have a microphone and I can use it if needed. I also am happy to check forums for a discussion about tactics/sheming constantly.

Combat logs
I do not have any combat logs on this character.

Your UI
Basic UI, just some addons to help me tracking my ligtning shield and flame shock. This helps a lot.

Guild History
Regnum Carantanum was my guild since lvl1 of my first character on this realm (Shadow Priest). It is a Slovenian guild. The guild started raiding when I joined but raiding was too casual. Some people transfered their characters from other realms to help us raiding. The progress was very very slow and people were not trying to increase their playing skills in order to progress. I was raiding with them in FL and moved to Pandemonium at around the start of Dragon Soul. We cleared it on normal but then a dps and a healer could not raid anymore. We were trying to find a healer, so I did not raid for more than 1 month. The guild died.
I decided to join Deathsworn Verdict. So I moved from 10 to 25men guild. I have made the right decision. My gear was still normal FL, while they were 4/8HC. So they were also geared much better than I was. There were some easy bosses at the start where I could try and preform my best. My dps was low at the start, but Increased drastically because of such a difference a gear makes. We managed to clear 8/8HC with around 250deaths on spine hc. I decided to left 1 month before MOP because problems in my personal life. I came back before WOD and my old guild Deathsworn Verdict moved to another realm. I did not decide to follow them so I decided to join The Raven Council as a social.

Raid availability
Available basically all the time.

References
The Raven Council sounded very familiar when I saw some of you guys on the server. And I remember Jimmble's old mage from cataclysm.

About you
My name is Rok and I am a student at the Faculty of Economics. I am 23 years old and I come from Slovenia. I think of myself as an honest person. I love to eat and I hate snow.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

Re: [RG2] Tai, Lvl 100 Elemental Shaman

Post by Yogá » 10 Dec 2014, 14:33

Hi there!
Thanks for applying to rg2!
Can you please list the talent build you would use for raiding, with explanations for the major choices?

-Yogá, raid leader of rg2 and shaman extraordinaire

Tai
Raven
Character name:

Post by Tai » 10 Dec 2014, 16:36

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Nature Guardian is my pick for the first tier, because it is a passive and I already have Shamanistic rage as an active spell.

Earthgrab Totem = since I dont find other ones so much useful atm. Frozen power very good also if needed and if it works on an add.

Totemic Persistence = works great with Earthgrab Totem. I can have Earth Elemental totem and Earthgrab Totem up at the same time.

Ancestral Swiftness = Gives me 5% haste as a passive + I have macroed it to lightning bolt so I can get a "free" ligthing bolt every 90sec. I might change it back to the Echo of the Elements when I get better gear. I have also noticed that some Shamans use Elemental Mastery here but I already have a trinket that gives me 1060 haste for 20sec with 120sec cds.

Ancestral Guidence is a bit nerfed but it is still the best talent in this tier.

I have been using Elemental Blast for a long time but I think that Unleashed fury is better with the combination of Elemental Fusion (lvl100 tier).

Elemental Fusion.. I was a bit skeptical here but I think that Liquid Magma isnt so strong right now. Storm Elemental is ok tho but i think that Elemental Fusion goes well with unleashed fury since both can boost my Fire Shock.

-Tai

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven
Character name: Leedor

Post by Ledor » 11 Dec 2014, 00:55

Tai wrote:Hello and thank you for your reply.

Nature Guardian is my pick for the first tier, because it is a passive and I already have Shamanistic rage as an active spell.

Earthgrab Totem = since I dont find other ones so much useful atm. Frozen power very good also if needed and if it works on an add.

Totemic Persistence = works great with Earthgrab Totem. I can have Earth Elemental totem and Earthgrab Totem up at the same time.

Ancestral Swiftness = Gives me 5% haste as a passive + I have macroed it to lightning bolt so I can get a "free" ligthing bolt every 90sec. I might change it back to the Echo of the Elements when I get better gear. I have also noticed that some Shamans use Elemental Mastery here but I already have a trinket that gives me 1060 haste for 20sec with 120sec cds.

Ancestral Guidence is a bit nerfed but it is still the best talent in this tier.

I have been using Elemental Blast for a long time but I think that Unleashed fury is better with the combination of Elemental Fusion (lvl100 tier).

Elemental Fusion.. I was a bit skeptical here but I think that Liquid Magma isnt so strong right now. Storm Elemental is ok tho but i think that Elemental Fusion goes well with unleashed fury since both can boost my Fire Shock.

-Tai

-Astral Shift and being able to control when you want to take reduced damage is almost always considered better, knowing a fight means knowing when the damage will come too, where Astral Shift is alot better than the passive one.

- Windwalk totem is in some fights very needed and more important than being able to root, although there are a few fights where the root is needed, the standard choice in PvE should be Windwalk.

- Totemic Projection is usually better than persistance, if you monitor the timers and know when the add that needs the slow will come. You will delay the earth ele, and it won't be a problem. To be able to project your cap / fire totem (for Liquid magma) it will be better as a DPS. For healers its a different question, but you're an elemental afaik.

- AS sims lower than EM, EM stacks so good with our Lava Burst nuke in the start and you should macro your trinket with haste into your EM like I have, it gives very nice burst. Macroing AS into LB sounds like a lazy solution, because sometimes you may want to use it on a CL buffed EQ.

- AG is very weak and overall HST can heal for alot in a fight where people aren't at 100% all the time.

- All these talents are nice, and it is not Black and White "This is the best one." EB is a very good talent indeed, PE might pull ahead on some fights with TONS of movement.

- All these talents are nice, and it is not Black and White "This is the best one." Liquid Magma is usually prefered here, because it's so versatile and excels in AoE and does equal to EF in Single target.

Overall it seems like you've chosen the easy choice, being a bit lazy with alot of passive abilities and have clearly not done alot of research when it comes to simulationcraft & logs.
Leedor - Ledor - Lerow - Ulleva
AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

Tai
Raven
Character name:

Post by Tai » 12 Dec 2014, 00:59

Thank you very much Ledor for your time. I really appreciate your reply.

- Astral Shift is not my choice because Shamanistic Rage.

- I do agree that in some fights roots are needed (adds) and in some fights it is better to take another talent.

-Totemic Projection might be good only if I go out of range in a boss fight but that kinda never happens.

- I do think that AS is better for me atm, but I might change it when I get better gear.

-I think that HST should not be used whenever you can, and I also think it is is not my job to help healing when people aren't 100% all the time, but when people are taking constant damage. I should help healing when boss is untargetable and there is nothing to dps. Like when you already killed the adds but boss is not back yet. Also AG is great with Amplify Magic.

- I dont understand why PE might pull ahead on some fights with TONS of movement, I am sure u mean UF.

- I dont really like Liquid Magma on single target dps, I prefer it on lots of mobs. I prefer storm elemental totem before Liquid Magma as well.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

Post by Yogá » 17 Dec 2014, 19:25

Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply, Since the team is currently a bit.. odd.. I've decided to have you on trial, although I do believe you should rethink your talents, and maybe speak to Leedor/Melthor about good advice, those two are fantastic ele Shammies.
- Yogá

Tai
Raven
Character name:

Post by Tai » 17 Dec 2014, 19:30

Yogá wrote:Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply, Since the team is currently a bit.. odd.. I've decided to have you on trial, although I do believe you should rethink your talents, and maybe speak to Leedor/Melthor about good advice, those two are fantastic ele Shammies.
- Yogá
Started using using Elemental Mastery.
Got better a bit better gear than before from world boss and mission. Killed a few bosses on normal but no loot tho. Will try to gear up a bit more tho. Thank you for the trial spot.

Thank you for your reply. it is ok if it is a bit late.

-Tai