Aliglenne
(Annathea)
Raven
Character name: Annathea

RG2 Aliglenne, resto Shammie

Post by Aliglenne » 03 Dec 2014, 09:41

Link to my previous, social application : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5115

Who is your character?
Aliglenne, Resto Shammie, 100 level, Dranei, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... nne/simple

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG2 as I understand it's more casual and the RG1 is already full :)

Experience
Some raid experience in Vanilla, WoTLK and Cata. I went to some LFR at the end of MoP but you can hardly call it raiding.

Raid Role
I like to heal ^^ I should have a decent dps soon (I recently switched from enhancement to elemental) so I can also DPS if needed.
I am still experimenting and learning (sometimes at the cost of my team members lives ^^) and I sometimes change my talents depending on the encounter. I frequent Icy Veins and WoWhead guides and forums to learn more and pick up new tricks.

Your Spec
Restoration Shaman healing has it's own rythm set by the Tidal Waves. I hate the word rotation used in the context of healing because so much depends on the situation.

Talents:
T1: Nature's Guardian
T2: Windwalk Totem
T3: Call of the Elements
T4: Echo of the Elements for encounters requiring a lot of decursing and Ancestral Swiftness for emergency healing.
T5: Conductivity for mana conservation in close quarters fights or Rushing Streams for extra emergency group healing.
T5: Elemental Blast for long fights and Unleashed Fury for burst healing.
T6: High Tide. I still want to experiment with Cloudburst Totem but I read it's weak.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
As mentioned above I have a decent set of Ench gear (all above the ilvl of 630) and I am working on getting elemental gear, I find dpsing boring though. I am also levelling a subtelity rogue.

Communication
I have a mic and I am not afraid to use it ;)

Combat Logs
I'd be happy to use them, my old Cata guild use to have a site with logs analysis.

Your UI
Nothing fancy, Bartender4, Weak Auras and Lunar Sphere (yes, it still works!). I am often experimenting with addons so there will probably be some changes. I am still searching for good unit frames addon.

Raid availability
Any time really, the earlier the better but I don't mind staying up late to kill that last boss :)

Zarell
Raven
Character name: Zarell
WoW character race: Human
WoW character class: Paladin

Re: RG2 Aliglenne, resto Shammie

Post by Zarell » 03 Dec 2014, 09:54

Hey

Thanks for the application, please give us some time to review it. Poking RG2 leader to look at your application.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

Post by Yogá » 03 Dec 2014, 12:08

Hey there!
I have a question concerning the level 100 talents...
back when I played resto somewhat seriously, Primal Elementalist was by far the best talent.. Do you mind explaining why this isn't the case anymore?
-Yogá, raid leader of rg2 and shaman extraordinaire

Aliglenne
(Annathea)
Raven

Post by Aliglenne » 03 Dec 2014, 17:29

Yogá wrote:Hey there!
I have a question concerning the level 100 talents...
back when I played resto somewhat seriously, Primal Elementalist was by far the best talent.. Do you mind explaining why this isn't the case anymore?
-Yogá, raid leader of rg2 and shaman extraordinaire
Oh I don't say it isn't. 10% healing is really nice but now I mostly pug HCs and I often find myself a little lower on mana then I feel comfortable with. Elemental blast makes up for all missed mana breaks and lets me heal indefinitely low and moderate damage. This is just my current build.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven

Post by Yogá » 03 Dec 2014, 17:31

Oh, can you please list the talents you would change for raiding, then?

Aliglenne
(Annathea)
Raven

Post by Aliglenne » 03 Dec 2014, 18:21

Of course! I still have to catch up on my reading regarding tactics in Highmaul though. But of the top of my head right now I'd pick:

Nature's Guardian
Windwalk Totem
Call of the Elements
Echo of the Elements
Rushing Streams
Primal Elementalist
High Tide

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven

Post by Yogá » 03 Dec 2014, 18:32

Those do seem reasonable, although Im wondering why you're deciding to pick nature's guardian, since it's generally considered bad in a raid environment, especially as a resto, since you have no personal defensive cooldown, can you explain why you would pick it over Astral Shift?

Aliglenne
(Annathea)
Raven

Post by Aliglenne » 03 Dec 2014, 18:41

You are absolutely right, that was a bad choice, I didn't give it enough thought.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven

Post by Yogá » 03 Dec 2014, 19:46

Well, we're in need of healers, so when we get started I would like to offer you a trial.

Aliglenne
(Annathea)
Raven

Post by Aliglenne » 03 Dec 2014, 19:47

That's awesome, thank you \o/