Character name: Ququ

Elemental/resto Shaman RG 1 (25 man)

Post by Ququ » 08 May 2014, 17:23

who is your character?
Ququ Elemental Shaman
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... u/advanced

Who are you?
Kay age 32 i am from the netherlands

Which of our two raid groups are you applying for?
RG 1 or 25 man wenn the time is there for the 25 man group, done all heroic except for garrosh on 10 man

Raid role
I can play dps or healer. my current role is elemental. I bring pots,flask and food. I come gemmed, upgraded and fully enchanted. watch video's for the encounters and read the guide for the bosses I didn't do yet. I play my class wel and know wenn to use my damage reduction, healing and damage cooldowns hero wenn leader wants it. Shamans are very usefull in raids for there healing stream, healingtide totem and Stormlash totem. good on aoe with a very high burst damage. I read (icy veins, noxxic) not great atm, MMO Champion, elitist jerks and keep track of best pve elemental shamans. to keep getting the max out of my gear and char.

Experience

started in TBC with my hunter and druid
cleared all on hunter except for sunwell plateau
on resto druid till half BT

WoTLK hunter cleared the whole content on 25 man Lich King past nerf
resto/tank druid until sindragosa on 10 man.

Cataclysm Raided on hunter, resto druid and shaman
Raided until firelands had a brake because of my real life buying house rebuild and setting up family :)

MoP Joined wenn the guild was starting on heroic HoF. Lvled the char that was most needed in the raid group. which was a elemental shaman.
cleared ToT normal and went till twims on heroic still didn't finish it on heroic. SoO cleared on normal and had a few goes on garrosh heroic.
raid with paladin and a death knight tank and a resto druid atm on flex and pala is ready to start on heroic.

always played all roles in every content because i like to see the fights in every role

Off-specs and Alternative characters

Resto for my shaman
Moonkin/resto for my druid
Holy/prot for paladin
dk only blood
destro warlock
frost/fire mage
survival/beastmaster hunter 2x
shadow/disc priest
all 90

Prot warrior 87
monk lvl 47 i thought

[How comfortable are you switching to your off-spec for a fight/raid if needed?
I have always switched to wathever is needed. Got decent healing gear. And if the guild needed me on my tank because one didn't show up or was late. I never made a problem out of it, I come to raid on whatever char aslong as we raid I will switch to whatever is needed and geared. But like to play my main as much as possible.

My prot pala link
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... dvancedand
And my druid is getting better on flex now with it. Hunter has been my main most expansions. I can gear it easy if needed but there are to many hunters in game tbh so one more will not be great i think.

Pala played 31 days this lvl
druid played 75 days total
hunter played 164 days total

Communication
Yes got it and not scared to talk :)

World of Logs stuff
None i reach just joined Paradise lost and two days later they stopped raiding. So that wasn't much of a help raid wise

Guild History

Been in animosity for a long time. But had enough of the way they play the game lately. Don't have any problems with the players or the guild it's self but just they way things went as of late. Is not the way I want to play this game. I can explane what i mean but will not do this on a forum. (everyone plays according to their way they like)

Went to Paradise Lost in the hope to get some progression and steady fun raids again. but sadly they stopped raiding after two days I joined due to a lack of players and spirit to farm for new joining ppl. Now they concentrade on PvP mostly, I like PvP but not more then PVE so this is not the guild for me. Nice helpful ppl there good spirit but the PvP is just not my side of the game.

Now i Apply here because heard you are starting a 25 man group always enjoyed raiding 25 man (TBC and WotLK) and it will be some nice progression fight again with a new group.

Raid availability
Yes i can be there every evening

References
see you guys running around in the vale.

About you
I am a active player that does his job. I try to help in every way possible with food, enchants, gems and characters or what ever is needed. I got every profession.
I live together with my wife and new born baby (8 months 2 months premature) . So it is possible that once a month the girl is going out and I have to watch the baby. but that is not often the case but it can happen. I am a relax person that cares for the guild i'm in, and go for it a 100%.
Think most old players from animosity will say the same. Despite the fact i left them.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: Elemental/resto Shaman RG 1 (25 man)

Post by Jimmble » 08 May 2014, 17:44

Thanks for your application. Please, give us some time to review it.

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven
Character name: Leedor

Post by Ledor » 08 May 2014, 19:01

Hello!

I'm Rodela, the elemental/resto shaman raiding with RG1 atm.

I'm looking at your armory, and I got curious about a few things!

1) Why did you choose Unleashed Fury for your 90 talent? (Or was it just for the fight you had before logging out)

2) Do you go for mastery or haste mainly?

3) And what an idiot would ask question number two you ask? Well, I am glad you asked! so my real question is: do you balance with simcraft?

Regards,
Rodela
Leedor - Ledor - Lerow - Ulleva
AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

Ququ
Raven

Post by Ququ » 08 May 2014, 19:47

1) Why did you choose Unleashed Fury for your 90 talent? (Or was it just for the fight you had before logging out)

Unleashed fury is way better atm then elemental blast because gives you alot movement and the buff is beter then the mastery or haste or crit i can get from it. and it is a long cast you miss alot of lave burst procs if you got elemental blast.

I go for mastery.

3) And what an idiot would ask question number two you ask? Well, I am glad you asked! so my real question is: do you balance with simcraft?

no i do not use simcraft

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven

Post by Ledor » 09 May 2014, 08:28

Guest wrote:1) Why did you choose Unleashed Fury for your 90 talent? (Or was it just for the fight you had before logging out)

Unleashed fury is way better atm then elemental blast because gives you alot movement and the buff is beter then the mastery or haste or crit i can get from it. and it is a long cast you miss alot of lave burst procs if you got elemental blast.

I go for mastery.

no i do not use simcraft
Thanks for answering so fast!

Unleashed Fury is not any better or particulary worse either, than Elemental Blast or Primal Elementalist. So I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning there.

But mastery heavy builds work well with both EB and Unleashed Fury, and if your personal prefence is UF. That's great! To me it feels clunky and it is worse, in fights with alot of target switching.

I do heavily recomend using simcraft to balance the stats haste & mastery. As they are very equal in value.

Regards,
Rodela

Ququ
Raven

Post by Ququ » 09 May 2014, 15:58

Just checked the 100 best elemental shamans of the world. most go (99%) goes with unleash fury none with primal elementarist and 1% with elemental blast.
Also all 90% goes full mastery just a haste enchant or gem to make a a full %. I use sim craft for me and you my dps is 2000 lower average. but since you got jewelcrafting and more BiS, there was not much of a diffrence. Changed a few things but my dps only went lower in the simulation.

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven

Post by Ledor » 09 May 2014, 16:16

Guest wrote:Just checked the 100 best elemental shamans of the world. most go (99%) goes with unleash fury none with primal elementarist and 1% with elemental blast.
Also all 90% goes full mastery just a haste enchant or gem to make a a full %. I use sim craft for me and you my dps is 2000 lower average. but since you got jewelcrafting and more BiS, there was not much of a diffrence. Changed a few things but my dps only went lower in the simulation.
Interesting research! And I'm glad you're getting to use SimCraft! With SimCraft you'll also notice that the talents in the top tier row are competative with each other, but varies a little bit in SimCraft depending on the stats you go for & type of fight you're up against. (Fight style can be changed in options)

I'm not saying that UF is a bad choice. There is no right or wrong answer here, but it's dependant on playstyle + fight.

I'd love to know what source you used to figure out that all the 100 best shamans in the world only use this one talent "Unleashed Fury".

Ququ
Raven

Post by Ququ » 09 May 2014, 16:23

wen i go full haste in sim craft my dps comes to exactly the same as your damage in simcraft. But you got better gear and proffesion and so spell power and less over hit capp so how reliable is simcraft.

And finaly some one to discus class matter like it :)

Here is the site i found it on
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/statspv ... 0-0-0.html

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven

Post by Ledor » 09 May 2014, 16:43

Ququ wrote:wen i go full haste in sim craft my dps comes to exactly the same as your damage in simcraft. But you got better gear and proffesion and so spell power and less over hit capp so how reliable is simcraft.

And finaly some one to discus class matter like it :)

Here is the site i found it on
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/statspv ... 0-0-0.html
SimCraft is a great tool! But DPS varies alot with the options you put in.

Interesting site, haven't used it myself. But when I'm looking at Warcraft Logs there's alot of different talents that all works

I am sure we can learn a thing or two from one another :)

I get alot of my input from "totemspot.com" good site for Elemental discussion!
This explains the benefits and downside for each top tier talent:
"Your choice of Tier 6 talent comes down to encounter play style requirements.

Elemental Blast - Stationary or fairly low movement. More consistent DPS. Better for target switching.
Primal Elementalist - Mobile DPS where the target is not moving. More bursty DPS. Falls behind EB and UF for single target in 5.4, but pulls ahead for cleave (2+ targets) fights.
Unleashed Fury - Mobile DPS where the target is moving. More consistent DPS. Currently the strongest on pure single target. However, because this applies as a debuff to the target rather than a buff to the caster, EB will pull ahead when target switching is involved. "

Ququ
Raven

Post by Ququ » 10 May 2014, 18:38

nice will check it out. think i will switch on some bosses to PE.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 12 May 2014, 00:35

Your application has been accepted and we'd like to offer you a trial spot in our raid team. Please /w an officer for an invite.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 12 May 2014, 16:36

<recruited>