(Spiria)
Dark Raven
Character name: Spiria
WoW character race: Human
WoW character class: Priest

[Raider] Rayleena

Post by Rayleena » 11 Nov 2020, 14:09

Preface
As a quick preface to this, I came back to WoW in 8.3 following a long break and mostly did PvP as I didn't have the time to commit to raiding (you'll see that in my armoury link). I've been playing WoW on and off since vanilla and, while I haven't been raiding recently, I've had several periods within that where I was raiding regularly (i.e. organised raids 3x per week). I'm keen to join an successful organised raiding group for Shadowlands.

Who is your character?
My main upon returning in BfA has been Rayleena, a fire / arcane mage
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... d/rayleena

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... d/Rayleena

Who are you?
My name is Alistair, I'm 28 years old and live in the UK. I currently work in the strategy team at a company called Jagex (who make RuneScape, a game some of you may have heard of!)

Experience
I have experience raiding current (at the time) content in vanilla, TBC and WotLK and the start of Cata. I have soft spots for Onyxia, AQ, Karazhan, Naxxramus, Ulduar and ICC. During vanilla I mostly raided as a protection Warrior. During TBC, WotLK and Cata I was raiding as a rogue.

Raid Role
As mentioned in the preface, I don't currently raid and haven't seriously raided for a number of years. However, when I was raiding seriously I would do the following: I would ensure I had the most effective equipment, enchants, food and consumables for my class. I would learn this through research on sites like Wowhead or YouTube (and now we have this fancy new tool called raider.io we can use to find the builds / streams of top players). I also made sure that I knew the mechanics of each encounter to such a level that I could teach someone else how to beat said encounter. If I was playing DPS I would judge my performance primarily through a DPS meter such as details or warcraftlogs (where appropriate, depending on encounter). If I was tanking (or DPS for that matter) I would judge performance on my ability to effectively reduce the number of raid-wipes / damage taken by the raid.

Your Spec
As Shadowlands is about to be released and things will change for Castle Nathria, I'm going to leave this blank for the time being. My mage has a level 88 Heart of Azeroth (though I'm not sure that means much at this stage!)

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I'm very comfortable changing characters. To be honest, I'm prepared to change my main to fill the roles the group needs. As well as my mage, I currently have a rogue, paladin, hunter and death knight at 50. My rogue especially I have extensive raiding experience on. I'd love to chat to someone about which roles are most in need at the moment. I would be happy to play priest / rDPS.

Communication
I have a working microphone and actively prefer using voice to text during encounters. I'm happy to use forums but would prefer to use Discord if the guild has an active server. My battletag is Stormcaller#1218

Combat Logs
Not going to lie, as I haven't been actively raiding since Cataclysm, this one is pretty sparse. I only joined raids in BfA to get BiS trinkets for PvP.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... rtition=-1

Your UI
Screenshot attached. It's pretty minimalist but that's how I tend to like it!Image

Guild History
I believe I was actually part of The Raven Council back in the early days (the name Forkez definitely rings a bell). I was probably playing on my warrior (Verius) or my rogue (Verania) back then. I don't remember the details but at some point I joined what I think was a splinter guild called Shadow of the Raven. Then I ended up joining another guild called Circle of Justice. I left CoJ during the time I took away from WoW from 2010-2019.

There are several things that attract me to TRC now. Firstly, I don't have as much time to play these days so the 2-day per week raiding schedule suits me much better than 3+ days per week. Secondly, having looked at TRC's progression in BfA, you have strong performance given the 2-day per week schedule, which suggests you are good at what you do. I like to push myself and therefore am looking to join a highly capable group of dedicated raiders. Lastly, I used to be part of the guild and while I suspect many people have moved on, there may still be some familiar faces.

Raid availability
I can generally make Wednesdays and Sundays 20.30-23.00 server time. While I can't guarantee I'll be able to make every session, there's nothing that should stop me attending on a regular basis.

References
I was looking at the top raiding guilds on Defias Brotherhood and saw TRC, who I remembered from back in the day. It's been so long I'm not sure anyone would remember me. I've also probably changed / matured in the last 10 years!

About you
Hi everyone! My name is Alistair, I currently live near Cambridge in the UK with my girlfriend and 4 house rabbits. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you should I get accepted (back) into TRC!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: [Raider] Rayleena

Post by Jimmble » 11 Nov 2020, 14:12

You are so tiny on the screen! Are you gnome?

Rayleena
(Spiria)
Dark Raven

Post by Rayleena » 11 Nov 2020, 15:27

Alas, I am but a lowly human standing in the distance...

I am a friend of the gnomes though!

Zephilie
Dark Raven
Character name: Zephilie

Post by Zephilie » 11 Nov 2020, 23:46

Thx for your app please give us some time to review it.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 14 Nov 2020, 11:00

Hello, Rayleena.

The raiding roster is now actually quite full. Because of that we cannot offer you a raid trial at the moment. But we can put you on a waiting list and process your the raiding part of your application when a suitable raid spot opens up. (It is the start of an expansion in just ten days... there is always more people playing in the start than at any other time time, but even under ideal circumstances chances are that some people will leave after a while.)

Until then you are very welcome to join as a social member of the guild. That is the main part of The Raven Council after all. And aside from having a home you should be able to at least easily find people looking to do mythic+ dungeons. :)

Rayleena
(Spiria)
Dark Raven

Post by Rayleena » 14 Nov 2020, 12:48

Thanks for letting me know. I'd love to join as a social member while on the waiting list for a raid trial. It's always nice to have the social element and have people to do M+ with!

I have a few questions:
- What is the best way to join the guild? Should I apply in-game?
- What class / roles are you likely to need in the future? I'm still deciding what to main and would like to avoid maining a class / role you already have in abundance!
- What is your stance on alts? Are they allowed to join the guild too?

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 14 Nov 2020, 12:51

1. yes or just poke Jimmble or one for the longlegs
2. I love gnomes and chikkins.
3. We take many alts!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 15 Nov 2020, 02:48

3 loops back to 2 by the way

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 15 Nov 2020, 12:43

I think that the most likely role that we will be needing in the future will be ranged DPS. Mostly based on previous raiding at this point, but still. ;)

As for classes and specs... Right now it looks like it could be

Shadow Priest
Balance Druid or Elemental Shaman
Mage

But that might change over time.