A safe place for closed application.
Aaraleth
Dark Raven
Character name: Aaraleth

[Social] Aaraleth, lvl 120, Night Elf, Demon Hunter

Post by Aaraleth » 03 Mar 2020, 17:00

Who is your character?

Aaraleth, Night Elf, Demon Hunter

I also have a Gnome Warlock over on Argent Dawn, who I used to think of as my main, but I've gotten so into being a Demon Hunter I think Aaraleth is my new main. Funnily enough, I like to think I'm actually quite a good Warlock, but I'm only a fair-to-middling Demon Hunter if I'm perfectly honest. xD But the swoosh, the lazer beams, the zip zip zip, the double jump, the glide... all that good stuff... has me totally in lubbles with my Demon Hunter.

Who are you?

I'm Ellie. I'm 36 (how did that happen??!) and I'm from Scotland.

Activity

My favourite thing used to be Epic Battlegrounds, (even, no, ESPECIALLY Ashran!) but it turns out I hate doing them as melee! Oh no! I don't have an absolute favourite thing anymore, but I really enjoy doing dungeons, and also running around seeing all the content I missed out on. (I stopped playing at the start of Cata and returned again only recently).

I would love to have a go at (fun/silly/casual) raiding. I hadn't raided since WotLK, but I did a LFR earlier today, and there was nothing fun, silly, OR casual about that! xD I read a guide, watched a video, took notes, had my notes beside me, but there's no substitute for actually just getting in there and doing the raid. I've never been very good at "stand here, run here, turn around, do the hokey-cokey" but what I lack in skill, I make up for in enthusiasm!

I'd love to get into Mythic dungeons if somebody could hold me by the hand and explain exactly what to do. xD Seriously, I need someone to ELI5 about this.

Guild history

No recent guild history, but, for fun, here is a roundup of all the guilds I've been in!

Vanilla: Alliance, Defias Brotherhood: <Tranquillity>, <Prophecy>, <The Aegis>

TBC/WotLK/Cata: Horde, Defias BrotherHood: <Benevolent>

At the start of BfA some of my old Benevolent friends who I'd kept in touch with enticed me back to Azeroth. I was in their guild, <Whitestar>, on Argent Dawn, Alliance Side for a couple of months, but then I stopped playing, so I was (quite rightly) removed from the roster during a housekeeping session. We're a cross-realm, cross-game, cross-platform, cross-social-media community so being in the same guild in WoW is neither here nor there really. xD

I found myself with some time on my hands just before Christmas, so I dipped my toe back in to WoW with my aforementioned Warlock and redicovered my love of Azeroth. After pootling around a bit there, I decided to make a character here on the Alliance side of Defias Brotherhood because this was my original home in WoW. So here I am, looking to meet some new friends and put down some roots.

References

I was looking in the guild finder and saw <The Raven Council>, and the name sounded vaguely familiar. I'm pretty sure I remember yous from the old days. I then saw an announcement in the Trade chat, which I took as a sign that I should definitely apply!

I was going to say that, no, I don't know anybody in the guild, but I had a quick look through your roster on the Armory, just on the offchance, just to see if anyone jumped out at me, and OMG HELLO VAELYN! It's Aaradhana! <3

About you

I'm an enthusiastic amateur photographer. I focus mainly on macro photoghraphy, mainly flowers, but I also try and do the odd landscape/landmark. I haven't done any photography for a while, but I'm going to try and get back into it, because I do love it. I also really enjoy tarting things up in lightroom/photoshop, but my main goal is to get good enough with the camera that I get a lot closer to what I want the photo to look like at the point of creation, rather than relying on those programs to do the work for me later. xD

I also love running, but only outside, and only when it's warm.

I have been known to tinkle the ivories on occassion, drag a bow accross a violin, and belt out the odd song. I flatter myself that I am tolerable at all three of these things. I'm also a terrible (but enthusiastic) player of the ukulele.

My favourite colour is blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh! (Actually, neither of those. It's purple.)

Gnomes

Gnomes! Huh! Yeah!
What are they good for?
Well, quite a lot, actually, they're eccentric, often brilliant!

Gnomes! Huh! Yeah!
What Are they good for?
Quite a lot, actually, as already stated!
Say it again!

Gnomes! Huh! Good god!
What are they good for?
Quite a lot, actually, we've been over this!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Re: [Social] Aaraleth, lvl 120, Night Elf, Demon Hunter

Post by Cecîl » 03 Mar 2020, 20:05

Thanks for your application. Please, give us some time to review it.

Sherelia
Dark Raven
Character name: Sherelia

Post by Sherelia » 03 Mar 2020, 20:09

I like your originality on the Gnome section!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 03 Mar 2020, 23:24

Hokey-cokey!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 04 Mar 2020, 07:48

Your app has been approved please poke an officer for invite.

Trok
Dark Raven
raid leader
Character name: Trok
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Trok » 04 Mar 2020, 15:38

What a great app damn!
BNET TROK#11997

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment