LotRO

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Grim
Character name:

Post by Grim » 02 Jul 2007, 01:10

My ranger chick:

My warrior tough dude:

In action:

Tryxie Togglesprocket - Grimbol Gruffbeard - Leomir of Eastvale - Zizzle Zingbolt - Elura Starfall

frozenwiller

Post by frozenwiller » 02 Jul 2007, 07:55

You share my feelings grim. Been very bored of wow-community during this spring, still can't stay away because of the great guild we have :) Technically I have ignored most of the general and trade chat for a looong time, as there isn't much to see there. I've been searching for new great realm to try it again, all seem to have their downsides too. Of RP-Pvp's DB still seems the greatest to me - even with the amount of ooctards and whiners.

And finally getting to some new content (that being kara and gruul) also made things more interesting, even it was bashing head to the wall. But that I agree with zarhan, there really should be matchup for pve content. It wouldn't have to basically do anything but scale mobs attributes down based on group's stats. I guess that would help already. I have never been great fan of instances and have never farmed any gear out of them. Which again makes the raid encounters even more hard. So basically to be any help in Kara, I'd have to grind those 70 instances to get the fancy items. And then farm the kara to have any remote chance in gruul's lair. :)

For that realm quality thing, I did roll a troll shaman to Sha'tar, just to see how it was as based on the realm forums it seemed to be best candidate. For the starters it seems very nice, even it is pure RP realm, amount of pvp-tagged people in main cities seemed about the same as in DB. Amount of OOCtards was noticably smaller than in DB (but ofcourse, population is lower too so this will propably change). No idea yet if I'll get along playing that, I've leveled too many alts already. Then, walking through guild-recruitment ads made a bit sad. Either it was a guild of pure evil, guild of noble belfs or HC raiding guild...

If I decided to try guildwars, which of those boxes should I get? Nightfall? Factions? Or all of them? :)

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 02 Jul 2007, 11:07

frozenwiller wrote:So basically to be any help in Kara, I'd have to grind those 70 instances to get the fancy items. And then farm the kara to have any remote chance in gruul's lair. :)

If I decided to try guildwars, which of those boxes should I get? Nightfall? Factions? Or all of them? :)
this isnt really true. i havent been to many 70 instances at all. infact most i havent been to. got a coupla things from kara, they are for my dps stuff though. crafting and boe crap for the rest of my gear.

Grim
Character name:

Post by Grim » 02 Jul 2007, 11:37

frozenwiller wrote:If I decided to try guildwars, which of those boxes should I get? Nightfall? Factions? Or all of them? :)
I started out with just Prophecies, but found it so good I bought the others two weeks later.

Levelling and learning the game mechanics are a lot slower in Prophecies, so that would be a good one to start with. But if you want to dive headlong into the action and level fast, go for the others. Or get them all and have the best of three worlds. It's not a hard game to learn, but it's pretty challenging to master.

Getting your heroes and using them in action is a lot of fun, so Nightfall wouldn't be a bad one to start with either.

Each campaign can be played separately, but having all of them increases the options and the fun.

Thematically they're all different. Prophecies takes place in your standard fantasy setting. Factions in a medieval China/Japan setting. And Nightfall is more Middle-East/North Africa/Mediterrean setting, if that makes any sense. Lots of stylistic influences from ancient Egypt/Greece etc.

Core professions (meaning: available in all three) are: warrior, ranger, elementalist, monk, mesmer, necromancer. Factions has assassin and ritualist as exclusive professions, and Nightfall has paragon and dervish as exclusive professions.

Check http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Profession for info.
Tryxie Togglesprocket - Grimbol Gruffbeard - Leomir of Eastvale - Zizzle Zingbolt - Elura Starfall

Grim
Character name:

Post by Grim » 02 Jul 2007, 11:58

Jaera wrote:
frozenwiller wrote:So basically to be any help in Kara, I'd have to grind those 70 instances to get the fancy items. And then farm the kara to have any remote chance in gruul's lair. :)

this isnt really true. i havent been to many 70 instances at all. infact most i havent been to. got a coupla things from kara, they are for my dps stuff though. crafting and boe crap for the rest of my gear.
It might be different for different classes.