TS or Ventrilo

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Drubnubjagr
Raven
Character name:

TS or Ventrilo

Post by Drubnubjagr » 28 Dec 2006, 08:10

Do we have a guild channel?

I am currently sitting with a few friends on a Vent server wich belongs to a CS guild, but I feel that I would like to have a more "direct" communication with the guild than the GC.

I also hate WoW ambient, and need something to listen to when I am out all by myself (Yes, my Mp3 library has been corrupted :P)

Do we have such a server, or could it be arranged in the close future? If we need to pay for it, I am sure I can fit it in my monthly budget
â€

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 28 Dec 2006, 12:50

We don't have a guild channel per se, and I wonder if something like that would be popular. If anything, it would probably make the guildchat redundant and used less which isn't a good thing I think.

I listen to music when I play, and wouldn't want to hear chatter all the time anyway. I'm not playing wow for a chatbox :P.

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 28 Dec 2006, 15:42

We did have one before but only a few people used it.

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 28 Dec 2006, 16:47

The only places where Ventrilo would probably be useful would be in doing the tactical briefings for complicated raidbosses - otherwise I don't think it's really needed - and even the briefings can be macroed.

Drubnubjagr
Raven
Character name:

Post by Drubnubjagr » 28 Dec 2006, 19:29

So there is not enough interest to make a new one? Too bad ^^
â€

Laverga

Post by Laverga » 29 Dec 2006, 00:08

Vent is sooooooooo usefull when raiding, and can be very, very conveniant for premading :)

Don't underestimate it for raiding btw :) Aside from the 10x faster and better understandable tactics explaining, you can also simply say 'mind the incomming dog guys' instead of typing it (thus not playing for 3-4 seconds) or not typing it at all because your hands are tied. But most of all, it brings the guildies together and it's usually alot of fun to talk with your guildies while raiding.

Velianatos
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Velianatos » 01 Jan 2007, 03:20

Too hard for me, mkay? =)
I r floopy! ><

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 01 Jan 2007, 18:57

Laverga wrote:Vent is sooooooooo usefull when raiding, and can be very, very conveniant for premading :)
Forgot about PvP - yes, in these cases it would be useful. However..
Laverga wrote:Don't underestimate it for raiding btw :) Aside from the 10x faster and better understandable tactics explaining, you can also simply say 'mind the incomming dog guys' instead of typing it
In this case I disagree - that's what /RW is for.

Spectral
Councillor
Character name:

Post by Spectral » 08 Feb 2007, 05:21

I'd love to see an RC vent or TS. I don't have a mic nor headset right now, but I'd get one if someone hooks us up with a server.

People in this guild are very shy in general, from my gathered experiences, and it would be fun to at least hear some voices. Awesome idea.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 08 Feb 2007, 08:44

I used ventrilo and TS in the past for VARC raids and ofcourse for the burning dawn rp events. I think it can be fun, but personally I like having music in the background instead of voices where I have to turn down the sound and music. So I won't be a regular user anyway.

For certain events, like pvp and difficult quests/instances it would be nice to have.

About using /rw, it does get attention pretty well I think, but still you either have to prepare some macro's in advance or skip on some combat while you type in what you would've been able to say while fighting with vent/ts.