Call of duty - Black ops

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Call of duty - Black ops

Post by dyron » 22 Oct 2010, 12:15

Hey was wondering if any others in the guild play fps games regular and if they planning on buying black ops when it comes out. Was thinkng about renting a server for it for a month or 2 so let me know if any of you are gonna play it on release , maybe we can play togheter .

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Re: Call of duty - Black ops

Post by Jaera » 22 Oct 2010, 12:30

probably. if its like the mw2 multiplayer anyway.

dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Post by dyron » 22 Oct 2010, 12:48

Jaera wrote:probably. if its like the mw2 multiplayer anyway.
Its like mw2 but with dedicated servers ( Finaly again ) so not the p2p crap , other than different killstreaks and way more abilitys to customize your char /avatar, like you can put special marks in guns like smily or whatever and you can mix and match the signatures that you also did have in mw2 but you can choose background colors stuff like that. At the moment playing a bit mw2 to get the hang of it again if anybody likes you can add my steam acc --> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969410815
Last edited by dyron on 22 Oct 2010, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 22 Oct 2010, 12:50

I'm buying it, but BEWARE, it is not made by our once beloved Infinity Ward which made the modern warfare series (just before half of it ran away from Activision), but rather it's made by Treyarch, also known as the makers of the call of duty 5 (which was set in ww2) and other call of duties before modern warfare.

Don't expect the same quality as modern warfare!

dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Post by dyron » 22 Oct 2010, 13:02

Alikh wrote:I'm buying it, but BEWARE, it is not made by our once beloved Infinity Ward which made the modern warfare series (just before half of it ran away from Activision), but rather it's made by Treyarch, also known as the makers of the call of duty 5 (which was set in ww2) and other call of duties before modern warfare.

Don't expect the same quality as modern warfare!

Yeh i know its from treyarch but i did enjoy cod waw alot story and mp wise so i realy think it should be fine as far i did see from leaks etc and they finaly moved out of the world war 2 time frame to a moderwarfare style game. The engine will be the same other than they build the engine of cod waw and not mw1 tho in the end they all use the same game engine , from what i did see it looks like mw2.5:)

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 22 Oct 2010, 13:20

dyron wrote:
Jaera wrote:probably. if its like the mw2 multiplayer anyway.
Its like mw2 but with dedicated servers ( Finaly again ) so not the p2p crap , other than different killstreaks and way more abilitys to customize your char /avatar, like you can put special marks in guns like smily or whatever and you can mix and match the signatures that you also did have in mw2 but you can choose background colors stuff like that. At the moment playing a bit mw2 to get the hang of it again if anybody likes you can add my steam acc --> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969410815
p2p > dedicated servers for me im afraid.

no stupid tard ego manaical admins, or the same old nerds who play the same server over and over again.

the only thing id like in mw2 is a votekick. other than that its perfect for someone like me who just wants to jump in for a couple of games with random people. amd not have to serarch for a dedicated sever with specific rules or whatever.