New channels?

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
dardevi
Raven
Character name:

New channels?

Post by dardevi » 02 Oct 2010, 12:22

Gooooood Morning Wownam!

Just a suggestion occured to my mind about general chatting.
I´ve noticed that we have quite a few swedish and finnish people (atleast) in our guild and we tend to like to talk in our native languages from time to time.
So how about creating of a couple new ingame channels for our guild? Like finraven, sweraven or so..
..that way there would allways be easyer way to discuss (read talk bs) without accidently noticing that some members who don´t understand have logged in.
And yes, i know there is vent but atleast i myself am not allways on mood to rl talking (not to mention lack of rl vocabulary..)

Dar de Vi, Silk..
ImageImageImageImage

Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Re: New channels?

Post by Pyx » 02 Oct 2010, 15:04

I'd like to concentrate the banter as much as possible in /guild, otherwise that place gets deserted.
ImageImage

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 02 Oct 2010, 15:17

Indeed. As a Finn, no point in creating cliques, and everyone understands English.

dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Post by dyron » 02 Oct 2010, 19:45

Pyx wrote:I'd like to concentrate the banter as much as possible in /guild, otherwise that place gets deserted.

Yep with multiple channels you have the change that normal guild chat will be deserted in my old wow guild that did happen to most did just go in the swe channel and after a while alot of problems came out from it.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 02 Oct 2010, 21:22

Even though you're free to make channels yourself, I recommend against it as I see the same problems as aforementioned people.

That said, people who use vent also talk less in guild chat, but that's still managable.

dardevi
Raven
Character name:

Post by dardevi » 03 Oct 2010, 02:21

Point taken, did not think consequenses. Now that you mentioned about problems it might make, i see that there is no real point to it..
ImageImageImageImage