Just one more turn... Civilization V

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Tahlali
(Graunwan)
Dark Raven
Character name: Graunwan

Just one more turn... Civilization V

Post by Tahlali » 26 Sep 2010, 17:28

This is as addictive as the previous ones. Too bad I've already signed for some raids. The feeling of conquering the whole world is just so awesome. Any other wannabe dictators in the guild?
Ithilian's drunken mission on March 13th 2010: "I'm not going to sleep until Graun says night night."
Ithilian's other drunken mission on November 25th 2011: Not leaving my house until his wife calls at 7 AM and gives some strict orders.

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Re: Just one more turn... Civilization V

Post by Zarhan » 26 Sep 2010, 17:53

Have been playing since Civ I :)

I'll wait for reviews, and a few patches before delving into this :)

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 26 Sep 2010, 21:03

I've also played since the first but I couldn't get on with Civ4. I still play Civ 3 regularly and have even beaten it at the top difficulty once (usually play one down from there).

I've seen a couple of favourable reviews for it already and I'm certainly considering it. I just have a quick game of Civ 3 to finish.... ;-)

Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Post by Pyx » 27 Sep 2010, 08:46

Downloading it from Steam as I type 8)
ImageImage

Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Post by Pyx » 27 Sep 2010, 12:23

Intermediate update:
- it looks awesome
- it plays smooth
- the combat system seems to have way more depth (one unit per tile is great!)
- city state NPC's are cool
- lovely new little details (f.e. researching Optics grants the Embark ability for every land unit, so that those can cross oceans by themselves - undefended though)
- 'talent trees' with the Social Policies provide nice depth, unlike the policies in Civ IV

It seems to combine the quickness of the Civ Revolution game with the depth of Civ III. I consider it a winner! Now let me just do one more turn ...
ImageImage

Jolith
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Jolith » 27 Sep 2010, 15:23

Downloading atm, have to test this out since loved the previous ones 8)

Jolith
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Jolith » 28 Sep 2010, 12:49

Damn, it was big mistake to download it.
Spent last night with a "just one more turn..." :lol:

Bastille
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Bastille » 28 Sep 2010, 12:53

And thats why I won't be buying this thing :)
“A choice between killing and dying is no choice at all. You have to be realistic about these things"

Tahlali
(Graunwan)
Dark Raven

Post by Tahlali » 28 Sep 2010, 13:51

Don't you hate the russians in this game? Always trying to be tough and then they get run over. Also putting big army on borders and saying that they are just passing by doesn't work for too long. For some reason the neighbor gets pissed.
Ithilian's drunken mission on March 13th 2010: "I'm not going to sleep until Graun says night night."
Ithilian's other drunken mission on November 25th 2011: Not leaving my house until his wife calls at 7 AM and gives some strict orders.

Jolith
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Jolith » 05 Oct 2010, 12:03

Indeed, i have same problems also with chinese :D. Normally those two are the first ones what need to be taken care of :D.

Tahlali
(Graunwan)
Dark Raven

Post by Tahlali » 05 Oct 2010, 13:06

Also Indians should be conquered asap for taking our jobs IRL.

Bastille
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Bastille » 08 Sep 2011, 22:08

*casts resurrection to the thread*

If anyone is still missing this game, its on sale in Steam for 12.50€. I wasn't supposed to buy this, but damn Ithi made me!

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 09 Sep 2011, 00:21

I bought it on another sale earlier. Althouth I can get hooked when I play it, I don't play it that much. Too many other games I guess :P.

I played out deus ex e.g., am still playing fallout new vegas with all the dlc (was on sale not long ago too). Playing borderlands with all its dlc (on sale for 7,50 not long ago). I also installed age of conan again (the free version) to see how it's come along and I installed perfect world international as xan was playing that. I had an account there already though, but it won't let me register again on it.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Post by Xanthi » 09 Sep 2011, 01:43

If you used to have account in PWI, you still should have it there.
https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid should provide you the ID and link for resetting your password (provided you remember what email you used). And also I recall there is something about being able to have 2 accounts even online at the same time by same person but that was the limit.

On a side note that have played it before, there are now two European servers, one in France and one in Germany so latency has gone down quite a bit which honestly helps with it. There is no server with "main" language of English in Europe but the french server at least has every message come out (at least almost) in English as well and most people seem to be able to talk English at least.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 09 Sep 2011, 09:20

The problem was that I could not register again with my email as it said there was already an account with that email address (which is plainly mine) and when I used the recovery tool, it said there was no e-mail address like that.
So I mailed support about that, and that I'd like to still use my e-mail address but that I can't get in like this.