Ubisoft sucks

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Ubisoft sucks

Post by Alikh » 18 Feb 2010, 15:28

http://support.uk.ubi.com/online-services-platform/

The neonazis are at it again. Wasn't there someone here who works for ubisoft? Seems like assassin's creed 2 will use this platform.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient

Re: Ubisoft sucks

Post by Alikh » 24 Jun 2010, 11:49

I did end up buying AC2, forgetting the DRM. I have had some times where I couldn't play because my internet broke down. The main thing though that keeps me from playing it, are the almost always certain crashes after a while. They seem to be related to multi-core, because when I set it to one core it runs fine all the time.
Even setting it to two cores will make it crash eventually. :evil:

I hope ubisoft picks up on this and provides us with a sequel that is:
1. crashfree
2. annoying drm-free

They plan to make a store etc. around it all, similar to other services like steam, xbox live and battle.net. I still don't buy the single-player online business though and steam does allow you to play offline when your internet connection breaks down. Same with xbox live.

Ubisoft, listen to your paying customers and not to the pirates that sell counterfeit games that are hassle-free and in fact deliver a better playing experience. If only the pirates would also make games themselves then the world would be a better place as a whole :P.

The pandora's box in this (and I fail to see how publishers seem to fail to see this) is just to provide excellent online content that doesn't try to milk your money but rather complements on the game with DLC (max price for a set of maps/missions should be 5 euros). Good example is e.g. just cause 2 where you buy a couple cool items (parachute with thrusters and vehicles) for 1 euro. Bad example is f*cking activision (the anti-christ) thinking that they should ask 15 euros for 6 maps *because they can*.

I should change this topic to activision sucks actually because they are the pinnacle of suckage right now :P.
I don't mind paying publishers of games money, but I don't want to feel as if they're holding a vacuum to suck it out of my wallet. I prefer the 'reward for a job well done' way.

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 30 Jun 2010, 15:39

Isn't it funny how DRM gives more trouble to legal customers than pirates? :roll:
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient

Post by Alikh » 30 Jun 2010, 18:17

Hey Vantu, can you play AC2 at the moment with your internet downage? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you are able to make a difference and tell those drm programmers how much they suck and how they are apparently too shortsighted to follow what millions of customers already understand: they are making paying customers' play experiences miserable while doing absolutely nothing to even worry 'potential customers' who don't pay for the games.

I seriously wonder if the DRM is to blame for the constant crashes and even though it might not be, the impression is there that ubisoft doesn't care about its customers and doesn't listen to them.

I hope ubisoft is at least a bit serious about service and customer care. Still a big :evil: for their efforts. I'm not considering buying another game until ubisoft cleans up its act and lessens the DRM and heightens bug fixing like the constant crashes that make me not want to play AC2 anymore...

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 30 Jun 2010, 18:25

i love drm, i buy all games which have it

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 02 Jul 2010, 16:01

Oh no I think Jae has been hacked again.