Batman:Arkham Asylum

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Batman:Arkham Asylum

Post by Rhaena » 01 Sep 2009, 12:44

Is awesome.

I could kick goons in the face all day long.

It's a little simple, combat is basically spanking one button repeatedly, but the free-flowing animation is just jaw droppingly cool. You actually feel like Batman - you can sneak, glide, hang upside down and kick goons in the face.
You no take candle!

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Re: Batman:Arkham Asylum

Post by Elhaz » 01 Sep 2009, 20:07

Tried the demo while ago, and it damn sure was awesome! Pre-ordered it for PC.

And, I shat bricks when I heard that Mark Hamill was voicing Joker again! Really brings back memories about Batman: animated series...
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Rhaena
Ancient

Post by Rhaena » 02 Sep 2009, 13:35

Plus Harley Quinn rocks. Nuttier than a bag of nuts.
You no take candle!

dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Post by dyron » 02 Sep 2009, 14:08

Did see the game at gamespot looks very good , think its one of the first movie games that did get a high score to . Gonna download demo on xbox.

Rhaena
Ancient

Post by Rhaena » 02 Sep 2009, 14:19

The demo is on Steam and on XBox Live - no one really has an excuse to not give this a go. :P
You no take candle!

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 02 Sep 2009, 16:32

Hmm... I wonder if there's going to be any DRM crap on the PC version? Anyone happen to know?

Rhaena
Ancient

Post by Rhaena » 02 Sep 2009, 17:35

It's listed on Steam as containing "no additional DRM". It's being published by Eidos, and their recent releases haven't contained any horrible DRM monsters - so I'm hopeful. :)
You no take candle!

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 14 Sep 2009, 18:51

Meh, i couldn't wait for the europe release date, so i gave up and downloaded this(i still have this on pre order). Really awesome, managed to play this to 41%. And yes, it seems there's no DRM, BUT! If you have acquired your copy from happy fellows at TPB or any other site, you are not able to beat the game. Seems like all those pirated versions have trouble with glide and grapple. Let's just hope that legal customers won't suffer of those. So, i guess i just need to try to be patient until the release date... :(

I wonder why they don't allow anti-alias on any other than nvidia cards?

Vladimar
Raven
Character name:

Post by Vladimar » 15 Sep 2009, 15:16

Elhaz wrote:BUT! If you have acquired your copy from happy fellows at TPB or any other site, you are not able to beat the game. Seems like all those pirated versions have trouble with glide and grapple.
i know because i readed on the news that some guy was talking on their forums about it while its not even out :P
so this was their reaction:

The problem you have is a part of our copy, writes Keir of Eidos. We use this to pick out people who have cracked versions of the game. It is not a bug in the game, but a bug in your moral code.

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 15 Sep 2009, 20:09

That was kinda funny, must have been really embarassing situation... Meh, i kinda reget that i changed my order from xbox version to pc version. Didn't notice pc version had later release date! :(

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 19 Oct 2009, 14:18

I think this is one of the best games I've played this year. I bought it from play.com, much cheaper than $team who seem to think that http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=1+dollar+in+euros is lying and it's actually 1-to-1.

I noticed no drm, but they do require the cd in the drive.

Rhaena
Ancient

Post by Rhaena » 19 Oct 2009, 15:48

I bought my copy from Play.com too.

Absolutely fantastic game - I've played through the story once (not worrying about the riddles and other acheivements) - can't wait to go through it again and do all the extras.

Apparantly, it's sold very well - it's nice to see and independent development studio do well. Hopefully they'll make enough to consider a sequel - or at least something just as cool.
You no take candle!

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 19 Oct 2009, 17:10

I completed all the riddles and the arkham stones, which leads to the true identity of the spirit of arkham and stuff, some with the help of a guide as some were incredibly hard to find. Especially the last skull teeth in the mansion that were in a spot where you'd hardly know the existence of.

The best part which is really innovating imo is the free-flow combat, especially against multiple opponents. It's still challenging when there's different types of enemies, like the ones with a knife or cattle prod and ofcourse the ones affected by titan.

The challenges are nice too.

Rhaena
Ancient

Post by Rhaena » 13 Dec 2009, 17:24

You no take candle!