Names of cars and other stuff

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Names of cars and other stuff

Post by Pyx » 29 Oct 2008, 10:43

annacska wrote:
you should try flying ;)
Sure, but only if you're the pilot. My skills in engineering aren't that high ^^
So I'm sticking to my beloved Jake for now (that's my car's name lol)
Cool, another person who gives names to their car. Our cars are called Hobbes and Crocodile (pronounced in French). Does that makes us weird?
ImageImage

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Re: Driver's license

Post by Alikh » 29 Oct 2008, 10:51

Pyx wrote:cool, another person who gives names to their car. Our cars are called Hobbes and Crocodile (pronounced in French). Does that makes us weird?
Dude, stay away from me *makes a cross with fingers*. The only car names allowed are "Herbie", "Christine" and "Kit".

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 11:04

Kolos wrote:
Pyx wrote:cool, another person who gives names to their car. Our cars are called Hobbes and Crocodile (pronounced in French). Does that makes us weird?
Dude, stay away from me *makes a cross with fingers*. The only car names allowed are "Herbie", "Christine" and "Kit".
you named your car after rhias missus? bit weird.

8)

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 29 Oct 2008, 11:56

Jaera wrote: you named your car after rhias missus? bit weird.
8)
Or maybe she was named after Michael's car? :P

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 11:58

could be could be.

the hoff is the man

annacska
Raven
Character name:

Post by annacska » 29 Oct 2008, 17:34

Nah, naming cars isn't weird at all! Especially when there's a good source of inspiration! /pat Pyx
Weirdness is a very subjective matter of perception, just like madness :D It would be weirder to name to your pc. Or have you already hehe
As for that flight demo, better hurry or I'll remember I don't like heights ^^
That's all we have, finally, the words, and they had better be the right ones, with the punctuation in the right places...

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 17:54

hehe wimpy :)

you dont get an inflight meal or anything either, if you are lucky ill let you tune the radios ;)

annacska
Raven
Character name:

Post by annacska » 29 Oct 2008, 18:03

Haha assuming ofc that one can actually listen to radio while the engine is buzzing. But I totally get that, I let absolutely no one touch my car either - never - ever - ever. Actually, now that I think of it, I never considered it a good idea for passengers to fiddle around with buttons in someone else's car. It's better to leave the driver alone instead of annoying him like that. I for one just can't stand ppl trying to figure on their own where the radio is, or anything like that...

What Jae should actually do, is to get the biggest plane at hand and come get as many rc members as possible, and get a guild meeting started :D
That's all we have, finally, the words, and they had better be the right ones, with the punctuation in the right places...

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 18:12

no i mean the radio to talk to air traffic control :P

annacska
Raven
Character name:

Post by annacska » 29 Oct 2008, 20:48

Ok, thanks for dragging me into noobishness :P
Now I really think I'd use some updates on planes and their... interface? lol
But anyway, I wouldn't even think of touching anything around there, especially not important stuff ^^

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 21:02

hehe good :)

oh and yeah i can update you on plane stuff any time, just ask 8)

Souvraya
Raven
Character name:

Post by Souvraya » 29 Oct 2008, 21:39

annacska wrote:Nah, naming cars isn't weird at all! Especially when there's a good source of inspiration! /pat Pyx
Weirdness is a very subjective matter of perception, just like madness :D It would be weirder to name to your pc. Or have you already hehe
As for that flight demo, better hurry or I'll remember I don't like heights ^^
Umm... I have named my car, all 4 of my computers (in more or less disrepair), my iPod and my cell phone... Yes, I'm a bit obsessive...
Names are as follows (just because I can): My car is Lust (after Lust in FMA). My computers are Hayate (stationary, works), Hana (windows laptop, doesn't work), Kyo (mac laptop, sort-of works) and Hitsugaya, also known as Whitey-chan (mac laptop, works and is my WoW computer). My iPod is Habashira, and my cell phone is Hiruma. Pixel-cookies to the one who can manage to connect the varying names to the correct animes (and pick out the one who doesn't come from one).

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 29 Oct 2008, 21:59

I'm a network engineer.

Thus, I have to sometimes plan domains and their naming-scheme.

Recently, I had to do basically names for 8x8 computers...domains were easy, just alice,betty,chloe, daisy,erika,fanny,grace,holly...now have to think of 8 names for each :)

At home all my nodes are Elfquest references :) Laptop is Blackfell, gaming PC is woodshaver, older PC is choplicker, guest names are Berrybuzz, Littlesky and Tickletoe :)

Souvraya
Raven
Character name:

Post by Souvraya » 29 Oct 2008, 22:34

I've named my mounts in WoW after ElfQuest characters (wolves, mainly). My ram is Holdfast, my 60% flappy is Warfrost and my epic flappy is Skywise. And the wasp I picked up today (which might get exchanged for a moth) ended up with Aroree. ^^

Edited for not thinking before posting. 2 are named after wolves. The other two are elves. *slaps self*
Last edited by Souvraya on 29 Oct 2008, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 29 Oct 2008, 23:00

weirdos! :)

Kalitari
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Kalitari » 30 Oct 2008, 08:30

Souvraya wrote:I've named my mounts in WoW after ElfQuest characters (wolves, mainly). My ram is Holdfast, my 60% flappy is Warfrost and my epic flappy is Skywise. And the wasp I picked up today (which might get exchanged for a moth) ended up with Aroree. ^^

Edited for not thinking before posting. 2 are named after wolves. The other two are elves. *slaps self*
Completely off the topic, but glad to see someone else who likes ElfQuest ;)

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 30 Oct 2008, 11:12

what was the topic again? :P

Kalitari
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Kalitari » 30 Oct 2008, 11:21

Jaera wrote:what was the topic again? :P
Hell if I know :P

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 30 Oct 2008, 12:33

I don't know either.

But my car is called Lucy.
You no take candle!

Souvraya
Raven
Character name:

Post by Souvraya » 30 Oct 2008, 13:02

wolfcradle wrote:Completely off the topic, but glad to see someone else who likes ElfQuest ;)
Hehe. I'm at times a bit obsessed with ElfQuest. To my great joy, I found a good portion of the story online on ElfQuest's official homepage. It's so strange to read it in colour... Almost all of the books I have is black/white...