Bad experiences with Ithilien guild

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Bad experiences with Ithilien guild

Post by Celsan » 15 Jul 2008, 18:16

It's not often I take exception to people's behaviour in Pugs as I've come to expect bad things but I've had a bad run of luck with Ithilien members recently so thought I post it up here as a warning for you all when grouping with them.

Yesterday I went on a run with one of their priests. Early on the priest started to show signs of problems when she gave the tank an ultimatum about "any more deaths or bad pulls and I'm leaving" barely inside the instance. The tank had recently moved to this server and recently respecced to feral and wasn't particularly well geared. The rest of the group seemed fine with it and we seemed to be doing ok, although I'd have to say the healing wasn't exactly stellar, and the priest was geared out in epics so I'd have really expected better. Nevertheless I carried on without complaint. When we got to the first boss, the tank went down during the fight as did most of the rest of the party. I managed to finish off the boss with the healer barely alive and oom for quite some time. The healer then res'd the rest of the party and bailed saying she "didn't want to spend her time under that much stress". A little odd I thought, but hey that's how pugs go sometimes.

I then had a whisper from her today asking me to join MT heroic. I hesitated given yesterdays experience but thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Made fair progress through most of it, a few problems here and there (again healing not that good but we made it through to the end boss so all good). We then had significant problems at the end boss with not being able to take him down before the healer went oom. After 3 wipes, the other rogue in the group (Griselde, also from Ithilien guild) then begins an openly sarcastic personal attack on me saying it's all my fault as I'm using the wrong gear and spec.

I suggested he treat people with more respect in future and left the group. Naturally I got the "learn to play your class" comment in whisper from him as I was no longer in the party. I suggested he learn to treat people with more respect in the future and honored him with a rare place on my ignore list.

So in future if I join a pug with someone from Ithilien guild, I'll be saying "ahh sorry, I don't group with Ithilien" and leave before we start. I'd urge you all to do the same - idealogically I'd like to think that enough of this type of response would correct these people of their social inadequacies, but the truth is that's highly unlikely, so do it to protect yourself from wasting moments of your life that you'll never be able to get back.

Tasha
Raven
Character name:

Post by Tasha » 16 Jul 2008, 17:36

It seems pretty bloody stupid for someone who "didn't want to spend her time under that much stress" to become a healer. Name me one place where the healer can just stand there and throw on the occasional Prayer of Mending.
Kythastra/Rammy/Rhene/Tasha/Zanele/Amiana

"Age is not important unless you're a cheese."

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 16 Jul 2008, 17:47

Stormwind.
You no take candle!

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 16 Jul 2008, 17:54

Tasha wrote:It seems pretty bloody stupid for someone who "didn't want to spend her time under that much stress" to become a healer. Name me one place where the healer can just stand there and throw on the occasional Prayer of Mending.
Actually, I went through BM normal recently with Tobi and couple of pugs, as Erenelle, and pretty much ONLY healing spell I used was throwing earth shield on Tobi once a minute. Only at the second boss I actually needed to heal :)

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 16 Jul 2008, 18:34

Tasha wrote:It seems pretty bloody stupid for someone who "didn't want to spend her time under that much stress" to become a healer. Name me one place where the healer can just stand there and throw on the occasional Prayer of Mending.
kara

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 16 Jul 2008, 18:35

er but thanks for the heads up. the name doesnt ring a bell though. but i generally never pug anymore