Age of Conan video (drool)

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Elos
(Ivo)
Raven
Character name: Ivo

Age of Conan video (drool)

Post by Elos » 21 Feb 2008, 13:32

http://trailer.onlinewelten.com/videos, ... ation.html

Some long trailer about AoC about 40min. At start its the usual char creation and some world showing, but scroll to 50% where it starts to show you mounts, imo mounts in this game look amazing and their animations are even better, i especially like the "sprint" effect, not sure how its called in english, galoppe? Anyway take a look, sweet 8)

One thing i hoped they fix in this game is that when i dismount the horse woutn just dissapear but hangs around somewhere close, but i guess this would fill the citys and crowded areas with horses, altho there could be stables in the entrance of city. Just some thoughts.

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 21 Feb 2008, 14:55

looks real cool.

and makes wow look really dated, not just the gfx but the movement of your char etc.

cool cool

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 21 Feb 2008, 15:01

Rumors about WotLK also including graphics engine upgrade have been denied, which is a bit unfortunate.

http://www.qj.net/Rob-Pardo-talks-WoW-S ... aid/100540

Note the

"Graphical engine upgrade for Lich King? "We're not planning on any graphical engine overhaul so there's not going to be a system requirement change... if you look at some of the new zones, in a lot of ways they look better than previous zones. A lot of that is actually our artists learning how to tune and tweak things more then they had before."" though.

But of course, fundamental things like character animation etc won't improve.

Then again, WoW has always had a bit of a "fairy-tale/comic" look and feel instead of ultra-realistic stuff, so the graphics haven't really aged that much.