World of Scammers

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Glavinius
Dark Raven
Character name:

World of Scammers

Post by Glavinius » 01 Oct 2007, 12:01

Ok this is a bit old but still suxx when this happends. Im posting this so you all can see who it was and to be carfull to who you trust, GMs cant do (wont do anything) about this even when this poor gnome has prove.
I find this a bit weird that he only got a warning when some people i know (yes scammers) got banned.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 3115&sid=1

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 01 Oct 2007, 12:22

Blizz could remedy this easily - have a series of "will not be traded" box similar to the enchant slot now used, that would allow other to use the items in box for crafting.

Ie. trade tailor your mats, put all the stuff in "will not be traded". The tailor can then pick a product from his list of recipes and the materials will be replaced with the item, without ever leaving the player's inventory.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 01 Oct 2007, 13:14

Indeed, they could make it part of the crafting interface actually, instead of part of the trading interface (or they could merge it all in one large interface).
It starts with the one wanting something crafted starting a session with the crafter via a "Craft me something" option. They both get to see the same window and the non-crafter can select what he wants crafted (maybe even queue up stuff for a set). Then mats are assigned for each crafted item, either from the crafter or the non-crafter or a combination. They can both just add stuff until it has all the required mats. Even stacks can be added by both on the same slot,
so e.g. the crafter provides 2 of the arcane dust and the non-crafter fills the rest of the arcane dust until it's 4/4. Once all the required mats are available, the non-crafter can then request that that particular item be made and gets a confirmation dialog. The crafter can then accept or decline (doesn't close dialog). Ofcourse, the non-crafter must also specify any gold that he pays additionally as per agreement. After the craft is complete, the item automatically ends up in the non-crafters inventory (check for inventory space before craft).

Very very possible in my opinion. Especially, after how many years that wow exists now, they still haven't found a satisfactory crafting interface? I mean, their current just sucks so badly, that you generally can't craft without a mod.

Glavinius
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Glavinius » 08 Oct 2007, 19:20